Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Fwd: Here is what Sven and Olle do when their tractor gets stuck!!

  • Victor Engel
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 24, 2011
      This reminds me of two things. One is a park in Vancouver, BC, where a tractor was lost in the bog. It sank so far down that there is no evidence of it ever having been there. Well, there is (or was, at least) some evidence. Another tractor was nearby and only sank in part way.

      The other thing it reminds me of is when Homer Simpson drove his car off despite it's being constrained by a boot due to too many parking tickets. That boot tore up the quarter panel something good.

      Victor

      On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Jay Bingham <binghamjc@...> wrote:

      Growing up on a farm I remember having heard about tying logs to the wheels to get a tractor out of the mud but had never seen it done, although I came close once to needing to do it. Once when I was driving an old John Deere 620 model tractor with a hand operated clutch across a field during a January thaw and it sank into the mud like that tractor was. Somehow I managed by judicious use of the hand clutch to get it out of the mud without restoring to logs, boy was I glad because that was sure different than what I had imagined when I heard about it. It gave me a little anxiety to see the front wheels of that tractor come off the ground.

      +-+ Jay - BingOGT

      Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 12:08:16 -0400

      Now that's a good idea, Bonnie....

      Sherry

       Good trick to remember when trying to get out of the mud.