Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Fw: Important warning on cell phone pictures

  • Bill Ellis
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 23, 2011
      I saw this on the news a while back.  My phones are too stupid to provide that info in the pictures.  Plus I have location services turned off. 911 can still find me if the need arises.

      On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 10:46 PM, gumbietygress@... <gumbietygress@...> wrote:

      Now that IS a wow. Though also an a-hah.

      GPS coords embedded in a photo is a feature, of course -- but we DO care who has access to the info. So here's a pretty cogent heads UP for a change.
      Just be aware!

      [I'm afraid mine would just help you find out where a historical marker is....]