Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Fw: Important warning on cell phone p ictures

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2011
      But true.Or maybe show me where I shot that traveling travel bug. I don't use the camera for that many photos. And I *do* use the Oregon's camera function because it does put a gps stamp on the photo. Just forgot to let it occur to me that it's part of the data.

      So it's not like having a gps stamp on your photos is a terrible thing -- it's just something folks need to be reminded of. No handy feature comes without its downside. And there are just too many potholes and nails and spikestrips in the road of life, gosh darnit.

      Of course, I come from the day that anything that went out there bounced across so many servers that there's no notion of 'privacy' (just occasional encryption) once it leaves my "terminal."

      =shrug=

      BarbJ/Tygress