Geo Pirates

  • Lisa Campbell
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 9, 2011
      Hey, gang. Check out what just got posted on the Central Texas Geocachers Facebook page!
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Central-Texas-Geocachers/10150097122890597#!/pages/Geo-Pirates/195491243806862?sk=info. The email notification that I received regarding the post stated that someone named Jeremy Roth posted the link on our page.

      For those of you not on Facebook, this is the basic info listed:
      About
      Anti Geocaching Group
      Description
      We are a group of Geo Pirates. Any cache we come across, we take.
      General Information
      Ridding the world of litter, one cache at a Time.
      Mission
      To set up an account at Geocaching.Com, Hunt down, And take all we find

      What a shame that someone can't choose a better way to spend their time and efforts.

      Lisa
      BackroadsGal

    • Esther Lopez
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 9, 2011
        Wow, and some muggles think I have too much time on my hands!

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 9, 2011
          They can create an acct but it can also be deleted and/or the IP can be banned. Am I correct?

          Philip C. Mason
          Cell #512-739-6203
          dragonscale365 on Geocaching.com

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 10, 2011
            Really.
            Sheesh.

            There's a lot of real CITO they could put their hand to, but NO. They have to be douches.
            I'm THINKING a lot more... but my rant circuits are TIRED.

            BarbJ =why do people have to be such brats= Tygress

[...]

            Groupon™ Official Site
            Groupon.com
          • gadget_gurrl
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 10, 2011
              If you go to the page, by the link she posted, you can report the page. Click report a page at bottom left, then choose Violence or Harmful behavior, then choose theft/whatever. Maybe they will take down the site.
              tanya - aka: gadget girl

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Campbell <lisaleecampbell@...> wrote:

              > Hey, gang. Check out what just got posted on the Central Texas Geocachers
              > Facebook page!
              > http://www.facebook.com/pages/Central-Texas-Geocachers/10150097122890597#!/pages/Geo-Pirates/195491243806862?sk=info. The
              > email notification that I received regarding the post stated that someone named
              > Jeremy Roth posted the link on our page.
              >
              > For those of you not on Facebook, this is the basic info listed:
              > AboutAnti Geocaching Group
              > DescriptionWe are a group of Geo Pirates. Any cache we come across, we take.
              > General InformationRidding the world of litter, one cache at a Time.
              > MissionTo set up an account at Geocaching.Com, Hunt down, And take all we find
              >
              > What a shame that someone can't choose a better way to spend their time and
              > efforts.
              >
              > Lisa
              > BackroadsGal

            • Janet Christian
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 10, 2011
                Why would anyone bother to do this? It is petty and immature. They are nothing but bullies, finding a new way to show their true colors.

                On Mar 10, 2011, at 10:43 AM, gadget_gurrl wrote:

                If you go to the page, by the link she posted, you can report the page. Click report a page at bottom left, then choose Violence or Harmful behavior, then choose theft/whatever. Maybe they will take down the site.
                tanya - aka: gadget girl

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Campbell <lisaleecampbell@...> wrote:

                > Hey, gang. Check out what just got posted on the Central Texas Geocachers
                > Facebook page!
                > http://www.facebook.com/pages/Central-Texas-Geocachers/10150097122890597#!/pages/Geo-Pirates/195491243806862?sk=info. The
                > email notification that I received regarding the post stated that someone named
                > Jeremy Roth posted the link on our page.
                >
                > For those of you not on Facebook, this is the basic info listed:
                > AboutAnti Geocaching Group
                > DescriptionWe are a group of Geo Pirates. Any cache we come across, we take.
                > General InformationRidding the world of litter, one cache at a Time.
                > MissionTo set up an account at Geocaching.Com, Hunt down, And take all we find
                >
                > What a shame that someone can't choose a better way to spend their time and
                > efforts.
                >
                > Lisa
                > BackroadsGal

              • Jay Bingham
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 10, 2011

                  As I see it can’t hurt to report the page on facebook and possibly get it pulled off of facebook. But that is not going to solve the main problem, which is: how can a cache Grinch be identified and banned from geocaching.com. That seems to me like it would be almost impossible, because even if they could be identified and banned, they can just keep coming back with new user names.

                  It is such a shame that they have such vile little hearts and filled with a desire to hurt others, when there is so much real litter blowing freely through the world that they could address. But nobody is putting up coordinates on the internet to all of that.

                  +-+ Jay - BingOGT

                  href="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Central-Texas-Geocachers/10150097122890597">http://www.facebook.com/pages/Central-Texas-Geocachers/10150097122890597#!/pages/Geo-Pirates/195491243806862?sk=info. The
                  > email notification that I received regarding the post stated that someone
                  named
                  > Jeremy Roth posted the link on our page.
                  >
                  > For those of you not on Facebook, this is the basic info listed:
                  > AboutAnti Geocaching Group
                  > DescriptionWe are a group of Geo Pirates. Any cache we come across, we
                  take.
                  > General InformationRidding the world of litter, one cache at a Time.
                  > MissionTo set up an account at Geocaching.Com, Hunt down, And take all we
                  find

                  > What a shame that someone can't choose a better way to spend their time
                  and
                  > efforts.
                  >
                  > Lisa
                  > BackroadsGal

                • Philip Mason
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 10, 2011
                    Can't their IP address be banned?

                    On Mar 10, 2011, at 10:39 PM, Jay Bingham <binghamjc@...> wrote:

                    As I see it can’t hurt to report the page on facebook and possibly get it pulled off of facebook. But that is not going to solve the main problem, which is: how can a cache Grinch be identified and banned from geocaching.com. That seems to me like it would be almost impossible, because even if they could be identified and banned, they can just keep coming back with new user names.

                    It is such a shame that they have such vile little hearts and filled with a desire to hurt others, when there is so much real litter blowing freely through the world that they could address. But nobody is putting up coordinates on the internet to all of that.

                    +-+ Jay - BingOGT
                    |+| Georgetown , TX USA

                    If you go to the page, by the link she posted, you can report the page. Click report a page at bottom left, then choose Violence or Harmful behavior, then choose theft/whatever. Maybe they will take down the site.
                    tanya - aka: gadget girl

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Campbell <lisaleecampbell@...> wrote:

                    > Hey, gang. Check out what just got posted on the Central Texas Geocachers
                    > Facebook page!
                    > http://www.facebook.com/pages/Central-Texas-Geocachers/10150097122890597#!/pages/Geo-Pirates/195491243806862?sk=info. The
                    > email notification that I received regarding the post stated that someone named
                    > Jeremy Roth posted the link on our page.
                    >
                    > For those of you not on Facebook, this is the basic info listed:
                    > AboutAnti Geocaching Group
                    > DescriptionWe are a group of Geo Pirates. Any cache we come across, we take.
                    > General InformationRidding the world of litter, one cache at a Time.
                    > MissionTo set up an account at Geocaching.Com, Hunt down, And take all we find
                    >
                    > What a shame that someone can't choose a better way to spend their time and
                    > efforts.
                    >
                    > Lisa
                    > BackroadsGal

                  • Jay Bingham
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 10, 2011

                      Possibly, but there are ways to get around that as well like using public computers, the really difficult part is identifying them and their IP address in the first place.

                      +-+ Jay - BingOGT
                      |+| Georgetown , TX USA

                      As I see it can’t hurt to report the page on facebook and possibly get it pulled off of facebook. But that is not going to solve the main problem, which is: how can a cache Grinch be identified and banned from geocaching.com. That seems to me like it would be almost impossible, because even if they could be identified and banned, they can just keep coming back with new user names.

                      It is such a shame that they have such vile little hearts and filled with a desire to hurt others, when there is so much real litter blowing freely through the world that they could address. But nobody is putting up coordinates on the internet to all of that.

                      +-+ Jay - BingOGT
                      |+| Georgetown , TX USA

                      If you go to the page, by the link she posted, you can report the page. Click report a page at bottom left, then choose Violence or Harmful behavior, then choose theft/whatever. Maybe they will take down the site.
                      tanya - aka: gadget girl

                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Campbell <lisaleecampbell@...> wrote:

                      > Hey, gang. Check out what just got posted on the Central Texas Geocachers
                      > Facebook page!
                      > http://www.facebook.com/pages/Central-Texas-Geocachers/10150097122890597#!/pages/Geo-Pirates/195491243806862?sk=info. The
                      > email notification that I received regarding the post stated that someone named
                      > Jeremy Roth posted the link on our page.
                      >
                      > For those of you not on Facebook, this is the basic info listed:
                      > AboutAnti Geocaching Group
                      > DescriptionWe are a group of Geo Pirates. Any cache we come across, we take.
                      > General InformationRidding the world of litter, one cache at a Time.
                      > MissionTo set up an account at Geocaching.Com, Hunt down, And take all we find
                      >
                      > What a shame that someone can't choose a better way to spend their time and
                      > efforts.
                      >
                      > Lisa
                      > BackroadsGal

                    • Doc
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 11, 2011
                        They can get the IP address of the computer that they are using and block that.  That way, they could come back again, but they would have to use a different computer....

                        Barry (aka Doc Geo)

                        As I see it can’t hurt to report the page on facebook and possibly get it pulled off of facebook. But that is not going to solve the main problem, which is: how can a cache Grinch be identified and banned from geocaching.com. That seems to me like it would be almost impossible, because even if they could be identified and banned, they can just keep coming back with new user names.

                        It is such a shame that they have such vile little hearts and filled with a desire to hurt others, when there is so much real litter blowing freely through the world that they could address. But nobody is putting up coordinates on the internet to all of that.

                        +-+ Jay - BingOGT
                        |+| Georgetown , TX USA

                        If you go to the page, by the link she posted, you can report the page. Click report a page at bottom left, then choose Violence or Harmful behavior, then choose theft/whatever. Maybe they will take down the site.
                        tanya - aka: gadget girl

                        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Campbell <lisaleecampbell@...> wrote:

                        > Hey, gang. Check out what just got posted on the Central Texas Geocachers
                        > Facebook page!
                        > http://www.facebook.com/pages/Central-Texas-Geocachers/10150097122890597#!/pages/Geo-Pirates/195491243806862?sk=info. The
                        > email notification that I received regarding the post stated that someone named
                        > Jeremy Roth posted the link on our page.
                        >
                        > For those of you not on Facebook, this is the basic info listed:
                        > AboutAnti Geocaching Group
                        > DescriptionWe are a group of Geo Pirates. Any cache we come across, we take.
                        > General InformationRidding the world of litter, one cache at a Time.
                        > MissionTo set up an account at Geocaching.Com, Hunt down, And take all we find
                        >
                        > What a shame that someone can't choose a better way to spend their time and
                        > efforts.
                        >
                        > Lisa
                        > BackroadsGal

                      • Dirk
                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 15, 2011
                          What turds. Have any of yall been pirated? I'm tempted to switch all mine to premium only but don't really want to unless it's necessary to dissuade pirates.