(Off topic) Lost my computer programmer job

  • Doc
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2011
    I realize this is off topic so I'll only post once.  If you have anything to say in reply, please email me directly, thanks.

    I lost my computer programmer job with the state on February 11th.  Not having much luck yet.  If you, or someone you know, works for a state agency and knows of any openings in software development (in the greater Austin area), please feel free to let me know or forward my email to them.  I've attached my resume and cover letter.

    Thanks friends...
    Barry Watson

  • lowracer
    Message 2 of 2 , Mar 9, 2011
      Sorry to hear that. Got laid off from my lucrative high-tech sales job back in April 2009. Job market's brutal out there. Took me 3 months of unfruitful searching before I realized that I needed to start my own company rather than try to get someone to hire me. Now I'm the boss, and my company is growing rapidly. There is opportunity in adversity. Sometimes what appears to be the end is really the beginning of something better.

      If you need help with networking, I have one of the largest Linkedin networks on the planet and you're welcome to join it. It's a great resource for finding recruiters and hiring managers. Here's the link: http://www.linkedin.com/in/markgessner

      -Mark Gessner aka "lowracer"
      President/CEO
      Exile Machine LLC
      www.exilemachine.com