Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Major Increase of Logged Finds with NO Co mments

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2, 2011
      Butt dialing caches... that's funny.
      I haven't seen too many -- I figure they're phone logging and don't care to phone keyboard comments.

      BarbJ benefit of the doubt Tygress

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 2, 2011
        If there was ONE thing I would change about the interface for geocaching.com it would be to notify the owner when a log is edited.

        BarbJ/Tygress

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2, 2011
          I know there's a setting on the Android app and the iphone app to Submit it as a Log or not.  Setting it to Yes automatically submits it to GC.com.  Setting it to No, saves it to a Field Notes file that you submit when you're ready to make further comments.  These get sent to your Field Notes and therefore don't post the blank logs.  Be sure to check your settings and get to know your apps.  If you plan to write a longer log (and please make a habit of doing this), don't Auto Submit them.

          Denise E. Vajdak  ><>
          http://denisevajdak.us     http://facebook.com/denisevajdak     http://twitter.com/nativtxn

          Geocaching - Where YOU are the search engine!

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 2, 2011
            =shrug=
            Even series caches require maintenance (sometimes more than singletons)!

            I myself think a good log is a courtesy to the cache owner.
            After all, why do owners put them out there? But to hear about experiences.
            At least TFTC tells the owner you cared enough to bother an eensie bit.
            Nothing? meh

            I'm NOT saying everyone should be as crazed as I am. No, no, no. This is one of those things I do to challenge MYself.
            But hey, four words aren't that hard -- it's a way of saying, "thank you." And more? Love it. Thank you. My cache placing work actually means something.

            That's my mileage -- and, no, I won't deride (at least not in public) or delete a blank log.

            BarbJ/Tygres

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 2, 2011
                Obi Wan voice: You must do what you see fit, of course.

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 2, 2011
                  As a newbie cache hider, I greatly appreciate comments/stories because that's how I know that I hid a successful cache. I did have a log that only had "tik"; if it's a caching acronym, I've never seen it before...

                  kissgppa4