Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: MEGA Texas Challenge

  • Denise Vajdak
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 2, 2011
      I've got friends on the registration committee and there are over 400 registrations right now.  A handful of people registered MULTIPLE times, so I don't know if you could count those or not.  It would be a shame to get soooooo close to 500 and not quite make it.  Please invite your friends, neighbors, etc. - if not for the whole weekend, at least for the main event.

      Denise E. Vajdak  ><>
      http://denisevajdak.us     http://facebook.com/denisevajdak     http://twitter.com/nativtxn

      Geocaching - Where YOU are the search engine!

      On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 9:43 AM, texasgeocacher <9key@...> wrote:

      As of right now there are 428 people registered for the event. I'm not sure what list you're looking as waterboy, I'm looking in our database.

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "electric_water_boy" <electric_water_boy@...> wrote:

      > There ain't 450 people on the list I've been looking at. It isn't the latest greatest list, but it has 202 players and 67 others. But it's still going to be a ton of fun so you better go and not miss out!
      >
      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "al_allen327" <al_allen327@> wrote:
      > >
      > > We've *got* to be close to having MEGA attendance numbers at the Texas Challenge this year... Dreamweaver confirmed we were likely going to get close. On one hand I don't want our statewide event going MEGA because we have few affordable venues that can accommodate such a crowd, but on the other its been a cornerstone of Texas caching for so many years for so many people! I kinda feel like it deserves the recognition!
      > >
      > > So since we're close: if you are on the fence about going to the Texas Challenge this year, follow the lead of at least 450 other folks and come on out! It costs nothing but your time and lodging (even that can be inexpensive if you post up for assistance with a campsite) to attend and NO you don't have to compete.
      > >
      > > I still recall the very first year I attended and how stunned I was to find so many people as excited about geocaching as I was (still am). I was stunned to learn how there are so many different facets of the game there are as well -- everyone has a different point of view. Through the years I've made so many friends across this state that makes caching away from home so much more fun!
      > >
      > > Come to the Tecas Challenge! It will be very near impossible to disappoint you!!!
      > >
      > > Semik/Audra

    • electric_water_boy
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 2, 2011
        The list that was given to the team captains a few days ago that showed who was playing for who and who wasn't playing. I assumed it was a pretty recent list, so I figured it was at least in the ball park. If there truly are 450 (not counting errors by people who registered more than once, and there are a few), then there is a shot for Mega. I hope we get it!

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "texasgeocacher" <9key@...> wrote:

        > As of right now there are 428 people registered for the event. I'm not sure what list you're looking as waterboy, I'm looking in our database.
        >
        > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "electric_water_boy" <electric_water_boy@> wrote:
        > >
        > > There ain't 450 people on the list I've been looking at. It isn't the latest greatest list, but it has 202 players and 67 others. But it's still going to be a ton of fun so you better go and not miss out!
        > >
        > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "al_allen327" <al_allen327@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > We've *got* to be close to having MEGA attendance numbers at the Texas Challenge this year... Dreamweaver confirmed we were likely going to get close. On one hand I don't want our statewide event going MEGA because we have few affordable venues that can accommodate such a crowd, but on the other its been a cornerstone of Texas caching for so many years for so many people! I kinda feel like it deserves the recognition!
        > > >
        > > > So since we're close: if you are on the fence about going to the Texas Challenge this year, follow the lead of at least 450 other folks and come on out! It costs nothing but your time and lodging (even that can be inexpensive if you post up for assistance with a campsite) to attend and NO you don't have to compete.
        > > >
        > > > I still recall the very first year I attended and how stunned I was to find so many people as excited about geocaching as I was (still am). I was stunned to learn how there are so many different facets of the game there are as well -- everyone has a different point of view. Through the years I've made so many friends across this state that makes caching away from home so much more fun!
        > > >
        > > > Come to the Tecas Challenge! It will be very near impossible to disappoint you!!!
        > > >
        > > > Semik/Audra

      • Matthew Manning
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 2, 2011

          Well there have been a major influx of procrastinators posting will attend recently.  Let's hope it keepa going!

          On Mar 2, 2011 8:52 PM, "electric_water_boy" <electric_water_boy@...> wrote:

          The list that was given to the team captains a few days ago that showed who was playing for who and who wasn't playing. I assumed it was a pretty recent list, so I figured it was at least in the ball park. If there truly are 450 (not counting errors by people who registered more than once, and there are a few), then there is a shot for Mega. I hope we get it!

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "texasgeocacher" <9key@...> wrote:

          > As of right ...

        • Nathaniel D
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 2, 2011
            Don't forget that not everyone that comes to the challenge competes ;)

            ~~Nathaniel
            Grn Beret 2B

          • jestrrrulz@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 2, 2011
              As it was mentioned while planning for the 10 event, any event can be changed  after the fact if at least 500 log as attended.

              Just sayin'

              Jeri / JestrRulz

              P.S. I'm late on e-mails, so this has probably been said

              In a message dated 3/1/2011 11:22:42 P.M. Central Standard Time, al_allen327@... writes:
              We're always very close to MEGA numbers... Its still a cool idea.