Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: March 2nd groupon for lake Travis kayak rental

  • Vicki L. Almstrum
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2, 2011
      Audra -- was that a freudian slip there? Or spell-check being "helpful"? I've been to Volente Beach several times and it was never violent ...

      On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 9:11 AM, al_allen327 <al_allen327@...> wrote:

      Paradise cove is on the other side of Hudson Bend, it's a little farther than violent beach but I think the island and spy kids caches are still within reach. I really, really want some 5 star terrain finds!!!!

    • al_allen327
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 2, 2011
        I dunno, Vicki... Have you ever been 'flushed'?That's pretty violent. (Volente Beach waterpark used to have this huge funnel-like ride that dropped into a pool after going through a hole on the bottom; I don't think they have it anymore, I never see it advertised. Glad I got 'flushed' before it went away :-). )

        Audra/semik

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2, 2011
          It is still there, along with a big back-and-forth U-shaped thing that people seem to like.

          My kiddo is a bit cautious, so I haven't had the pleasure of doing more than tracking the fun. Makes it seem pretty tame :-)

          -- Vicki (FG2 in FiedoGang)

          On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 9:26 AM, al_allen327 <al_allen327@...> wrote:

          I dunno, Vicki... Have you ever been 'flushed'?That's pretty violent. (Volente Beach waterpark used to have this huge funnel-like ride that dropped into a pool after going through a hole on the bottom; I don't think they have it anymore, I never see it advertised. Glad I got 'flushed' before it went away :-). )

        • Pam Tobias
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 2, 2011
            I did it too!  What a deal!

            On Mar 2, 2011, at 8:57 AM, al_allen327 wrote:

            today's Groupon: for $20, you get a three-hour kayak rental from MOC Kayaks at Paradise Cove on Lake Travis

            I'm ~so~ gettig this if there are kayak caches within a 1.5 HR paddle!!!

            Audra/semik