Re: March 2nd groupon for lake Travis kayak rental

  • al_allen327
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2, 2011
      Paradise cove is on the other side of Hudson Bend, it's a little farther than violent beach but I think the island and spy kids caches are still within reach. I really, really want some 5 star terrain finds!!!!

      The Groupon is good until the end of August!

      Audra/semik

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "al_allen327" <al_allen327@...> wrote:

      > today's Groupon: for $20, you get a three-hour kayak rental from MOC Kayaks at Paradise Cove on Lake Travis
      >
      > I'm ~so~ gettig this if there are kayak caches within a 1.5 HR paddle!!!
      >
      > Audra/semik

    • Vicki L. Almstrum
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 2, 2011
        Audra -- was that a freudian slip there? Or spell-check being "helpful"? I've been to Volente Beach several times and it was never violent ...

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2, 2011
          I dunno, Vicki... Have you ever been 'flushed'?That's pretty violent. (Volente Beach waterpark used to have this huge funnel-like ride that dropped into a pool after going through a hole on the bottom; I don't think they have it anymore, I never see it advertised. Glad I got 'flushed' before it went away :-). )

          Audra/semik

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 2, 2011
            It is still there, along with a big back-and-forth U-shaped thing that people seem to like.

            My kiddo is a bit cautious, so I haven't had the pleasure of doing more than tracking the fun. Makes it seem pretty tame :-)

            -- Vicki (FG2 in FiedoGang)

            On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 9:26 AM, al_allen327 <al_allen327@...> wrote:

            I dunno, Vicki... Have you ever been 'flushed'?That's pretty violent. (Volente Beach waterpark used to have this huge funnel-like ride that dropped into a pool after going through a hole on the bottom; I don't think they have it anymore, I never see it advertised. Glad I got 'flushed' before it went away :-). )

          • Pam Tobias
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 2, 2011
              I did it too!  What a deal!