Austin on Wednesday

  • Denise Vajdak
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 15, 2011
      A friend and I are heading in for an expo tomorrow (off MLK and University) and we'll try to pick up a few caches.  I was trying to work the calculations on the webcam up on campus and I found out it's not working. :(  Oh well, we'll try to pick up a couple of virtuals and maybe a few Moon Tower ones (while checking in on Gowalla).  Any "MUST DO's" in that area?

      There's only ONE Opencaching.US cache in all of Austin???  Since they normally only take an hour or so to publish, feel free to post more before 1 pm tomorrow. ;)  Virtuals, webcams, Guest Books, etc....

      Denise E. Vajdak  ><>
      http://denisevajdak.us     http://facebook.com/denisevajdak     http://twitter.com/nativtxn

      Geocaching - Where YOU are the search engine!

    • Dirk
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 16, 2011
        Hey! This is one of my favs in the area:
        Turtle Pond Cache GC2AVK4

        This is one of the few moving caches left and it's (currently) nearby:
        The Rock that Rolls GCCF79

        This is my own for what it's worth, but I always thought it was neat:
        Austin Homegrown 8 GC27H7A

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Denise Vajdak <denise.vajdak@...> wrote:

        > A friend and I are heading in for an expo tomorrow (off MLK and University)
        > and we'll try to pick up a few caches. I was trying to work the
        > calculations on the webcam up on campus and I found out it's not working. :(
        > Oh well, we'll try to pick up a couple of virtuals and maybe a few Moon
        > Tower ones (while checking in on Gowalla). Any "MUST DO's" in that area?
        >
        > There's only ONE Opencaching.US cache in all of Austin??? Since they
        > normally only take an hour or so to publish, feel free to post more before 1
        > pm tomorrow. ;) Virtuals, webcams, Guest Books, etc....
        >
        > *Denise E. Vajdak* ><>
        > http://denisevajdak.us http://facebook.com/denisevajdak
        > http://twitter.com/nativtxn
        >
        > *Geocaching - Where YOU are the search engine!
        > *
        > http://geocaching.com http://opencaching.us

      • Denise Vajdak
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 16, 2011
          I found the Rock that Rolls on the 10-10-10 at 10:10 am event in Manor.  We picked up a couple of virtuals right there around the Main Building on campus. Didn't make it to these others, but there will be other days.  I had to get home to Snook to pick up my son by 5:30.  I was really hoping the webcam would be working, but I heard it was out of commission right now, so we didn't even try that one.