Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Garmin Forerunner?

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 10, 2011
      If all you're tracking is miles and so forth, you might check into (relatively) inexpensive heart monitors. I know Polaris tracks mileage, though haven't explored the technology myself. Just musing aloud.

      BarbJ/Tygress

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 11, 2011
        I have a Forerunner 201 and a 305.  The 201 is older generation, and I haven't used it since I got the 305.  The 305 has been very reliable.  I have a heart rate monitor strap that works with the 305, and other than occasionally replacing the HRM strap battery, it's been quite reliable.  My only complaint is the alert tones are a bit too quiet.

        -Balde Runner
         Dave

        On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 8:50 AM, willfulgirl727 <Megindler@...> wrote:

        I had a Garmin Forerunner which my DNCS (darling non cachng spouse) lost. I can't remember the model, but need a new one. Does anyone have any recommendations? There seem to be a lot of new choices. It would be used primarily for tracking miles hiked. The boys are training for a Philmont Expedition. Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

        Mo
        Big Mo & True Blue

      • Alyson
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 14, 2011
          I still use my 201 and I really like it for the small amount of running that I do. My BIL uses the 405 and really does not like it. He says he would not buy it again. He did really like the 305 though.

          Alyson/gtbevo