Lignumaqua Blows By 4000!

  • banda_geocacher
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 30, 2011
      Congratulations to Lignumaqua. He found 114 caches in one day yesterday on his way to blowing by the big 4000!

      Brent

      (BandaA)
    • lignumaqua
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 30, 2011
        Not really fair to single me out as *lots* of people got Milestones yesterday - that's what Julie and Roger's event was all about! :-)

        My fault too for leaving myself 80 finds short on the day of the event. Nothing like a little procrastination to heighten the excitement...

        We wouldn't have managed to get anywhere near so many without caching as a team - caching together we had thenkengrene (designated driver after his recent knee surgery) and two of the Spork4 family. We also found a lot of them caching with Backwards Charlie and a new cacher, tfbrown, so we had six pairs of eyes! They all got great Milestones for the day too.

        It's surprisingly hard work, even with park and grabs. Assuming average distance to cache from car was 100ft then we still walked 114 x 200 ft = 4.32 miles! That plus unfastening/fastening the seat belt and opening/closing the car door 114 times makes for a good work out!

        Mike

        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 30, 2011
          Way to go, Lignumaqua!

          Keep on caching!

          Russ the waterweasel

          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 30, 2011
            Not too shabby!

            BarbJ/Tygress

            Congratulations to Lignumaqua. He found 114 caches in one day yesterday on his way to blowing by the big 4000!

            Brent

            (BandaA)

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:

            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 30, 2011
              Yes it is.... (an amazing workout)

              BarbJ powerrun's r fun! Tygress

              Not really fair to single me out as *lots* of people got Milestones yesterday - that's what Julie and Roger's event was all about! :-)

              My fault too for leaving myself 80 finds short on the day of the event. Nothing like a little procrastination to heighten the excitement...

              We wouldn't have managed to get anywhere near so many without caching as a team - caching together we had thenkengrene (designated driver after his recent knee surgery) and two of the Spork4 family. We also found a lot of them caching with Backwards Charlie and a new cacher, tfbrown, so we had six pairs of eyes! They all got great Milestones for the day too.

              It's surprisingly hard work, even with park and grabs. Assuming average distance to cache from car was 100ft then we still walked 114 x 200 ft = 4.32 miles! That plus unfastening/fastening the seat belt and opening/closing the car door 114 times makes for a good work out!

              Mike

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "banda_geocacher" <banda@...> wrote:

              > Congratulations to Lignumaqua. He found 114 caches in one day yesterday on his way to blowing by the big 4000!
              >
              > Brent
              >
              > (BandaA)

              <*> Your email settings:
                 Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                 (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:

              $65/Hr Job - 25 Openings
              Part-Time job ($20-$65/hr). Requirements: Home Internet Access
              Channel11NewsReport.com
            • shawnolsen@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 30, 2011
                Mike congrats with the 4000 caches, that is outstanding!!!

                Shawn/S6 who was there for about 1% of those (including Academy)

                In a message dated 1/30/2011 10:19:14 A.M. Central Standard Time, geocaching@... writes:

                Not really fair to single me out as *lots* of people got Milestones yesterday - that's what Julie and Roger's event was all about! :-)

                My fault too for leaving myself 80 finds short on the day of the event. Nothing like a little procrastination to heighten the excitement...

                We wouldn't have managed to get anywhere near so many without caching as a team - caching together we had thenkengrene (designated driver after his recent knee surgery) and two of the Spork4 family. We also found a lot of them caching with Backwards Charlie and a new cacher, tfbrown, so we had six pairs of eyes! They all got great Milestones for the day too.

                It's surprisingly hard work, even with park and grabs. Assuming average distance to cache from car was 100ft then we still walked 114 x 200 ft = 4.32 miles! That plus unfastening/fastening the seat belt and opening/closing the car door 114 times makes for a good work out!

                Mike

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "banda_geocacher" <banda@...> wrote:

                > Congratulations to Lignumaqua. He found 114 caches in one day yesterday on his way to blowing by the big 4000!
                >
                > Brent
                >
                > (BandaA)

              • Esther Lopez
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 30, 2011
                  Howdy Mike!
                  Congrats to you and all the others who hit milestones yesterday. I imagine this site will get a lot of announcements just like this. Yours just happened to be the first.
                  Hey! You were FTM[ilestone]!

                  Esther/BGTx

                  Not really fair to single me out as *lots* of people got Milestones yesterday - that's what Julie and Roger's event was all about! :-)

                  My fault too for leaving myself 80 finds short on the day of the event. Nothing like a little procrastination to heighten the excitement...

                  We wouldn't have managed to get anywhere near so many without caching as a team - caching together we had thenkengrene (designated driver after his recent knee surgery) and two of the Spork4 family. We also found a lot of them caching with Backwards Charlie and a new cacher, tfbrown, so we had six pairs of eyes! They all got great Milestones for the day too.

                  It's surprisingly hard work, even with park and grabs. Assuming average distance to cache from car was 100ft then we still walked 114 x 200 ft = 4.32 miles! That plus unfastening/fastening the seat belt and opening/closing the car door 114 times makes for a good work out!

                  Mike

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "banda_geocacher" <banda@...> wrote:

                  > Congratulations to Lignumaqua. He found 114 caches in one day yesterday on his way to blowing by the big 4000!
                  >
                  > Brent
                  >
                  > (BandaA)

                • arnaud.geo
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 30, 2011
                    Congrats Mike! Impressive push at the end!

                    Arnaud.

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "banda_geocacher" <banda@...> wrote:

                    > Congratulations to Lignumaqua. He found 114 caches in one day yesterday on his way to blowing by the big 4000!
                    >
                    > Brent
                    >
                    > (BandaA)

                  • Jana Iannello

                      Not really fair to single me out as *lots* of people got Milestones yesterday - that's what Julie and Roger's event was all about! :-)

                      My fault too for leaving myself 80 finds short on the day of the event. Nothing like a little procrastination to heighten the excitement...

                      We wouldn't have managed to get anywhere near so many without caching as a team - caching together we had thenkengrene (designated driver after his recent knee surgery) and two of the Spork4 family. We also found a lot of them caching with Backwards Charlie and a new cacher, tfbrown, so we had six pairs of eyes! They all got great Milestones for the day too.

                      It's surprisingly hard work, even with park and grabs. Assuming average distance to cache from car was 100ft then we still walked 114 x 200 ft = 4.32 miles! That plus unfastening/fastening the seat belt and opening/closing the car door 114 times makes for a good work out!

                      Mike

                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "banda_geocacher" <banda@...> wrote:

                      > Congratulations to Lignumaqua. He found 114 caches in one day yesterday on his way to blowing by the big 4000!
                      >
                      > Brent
                      >
                      > (BandaA)

                    • Dirk
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 31, 2011
                        Wow! Congrads Lignumaqua! That's a lot of caches!
                      • Dave Marquardt
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 31, 2011
                          Congratulation!

                          -Balde Runner
                           Dave

                          On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 7:44 AM, banda_geocacher <banda@...> wrote:

                          Congratulations to Lignumaqua. He found 114 caches in one day yesterday on his way to blowing by the big 4000!

                          Brent

                          (BandaA)

                        • Jim
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jan 31, 2011
                            Mike,
                            So, in short...
                            Fun, huh?
                            (and, congrats!)
                            -Jim

                            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "lignumaqua" <geocaching@...> wrote:

                            > Not really fair to single me out as *lots* of people got Milestones yesterday - that's what Julie and Roger's event was all about! :-)
                            >
                            > My fault too for leaving myself 80 finds short on the day of the event. Nothing like a little procrastination to heighten the excitement...
                            >
                            > We wouldn't have managed to get anywhere near so many without caching as a team - caching together we had thenkengrene (designated driver after his recent knee surgery) and two of the Spork4 family. We also found a lot of them caching with Backwards Charlie and a new cacher, tfbrown, so we had six pairs of eyes! They all got great Milestones for the day too.
                            >
                            > It's surprisingly hard work, even with park and grabs. Assuming average distance to cache from car was 100ft then we still walked 114 x 200 ft = 4.32 miles! That plus unfastening/fastening the seat belt and opening/closing the car door 114 times makes for a good work out!
                            >
                            > Mike
                            >
                            > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "banda_geocacher" <banda@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Congratulations to Lignumaqua. He found 114 caches in one day yesterday on his way to blowing by the big 4000!
                            > >
                            > > Brent
                            > >
                            > > (BandaA)

                          • al_allen327
                            Message 13 of 13 , Feb 1, 2011
                              Goodonya, Mike! eh, you just wanted the thrill of the milestone! :-)

                              semik/Audra