Texas Challenge 2011

  • georeynozos
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 14, 2011
      Hi Central Texas Cachers,

      We are looking forward to seeing everyone at the Texas Challenge. A quick note to see if anyone is interested in volunteering to assist in areas we may need help.

      First, and most important is we need two reps from Central Texas to assist the *Hide Team* with the Scoring, when the challenge is finshed at 2:00p.m.. This is a must and we would like to gather two representatives now, if possible. Please PM me if intersted.

      Elisa
    • cheryl_ann_1967
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 14, 2011
        I would be willing to help with the scoring from CenTex.
        CADrake/Cheryl

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "georeynozos" <elisa.reynozo@...> wrote:

        > Hi Central Texas Cachers,
        >
        > We are looking forward to seeing everyone at the Texas Challenge. A quick note to see if anyone is interested in volunteering to assist in areas we may need help.
        >
        > First, and most important is we need two reps from Central Texas to assist the *Hide Team* with the Scoring, when the challenge is finshed at 2:00p.m.. This is a must and we would like to gather two representatives now, if possible. Please PM me if intersted.
        >
        > Elisa

      • Elisa Reynozo
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 15, 2011
          That would be great Cheryl!!  I will foward your name to Lynne McDonald, our Hide Committee's Lead.

          Elisa

          I would be willing to help with the scoring from CenTex.
          CADrake/Cheryl

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "georeynozos" <elisa.reynozo@...> wrote:

          > Hi Central Texas Cachers,
          >
          > We are looking forward to seeing everyone at the Texas Challenge. A quick note to see if anyone is interested in volunteering to assist in areas we may need help.
          >
          > First, and most important is we need two reps from Central Texas to assist the *Hide Team* with the Scoring, when the challenge is finshed at 2:00p.m.. This is a must and we would like to gather two representatives now, if possible. Please PM me if intersted.
          >
          > Elisa

        • georeynozos
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 9, 2011
            Hey Centex!!

            We look forward to seeing everyone. We have so many great donations to give away, great companies supporting the Challenge.

            Just a reminder, we are a few weeks a way to make final payments for shirts, so if you want a shirt, please sign up and pay for one now. We really have no plans to make anymore than needed.

            Also, if you think you are gonna dine with us, Muski's in Huntsville are catering the event. The are extremely popular with bbq, *up to 2 meats* and all the fixxings. They are even taking care of the taquito breakfast Saturday morning and Pancake breakfast Sunday morning. The meals are in good hands, so please finalize any eating, shirts and coins.

            Please be advised, Delorme has donated 2 Delorme Earth Coins. They may be part of the Silent auction...but they are truly a great gift!!

            We have great contributors to this event, Delorme, Path Tags, Bluebell. We have had some contributions from Groundspeak and Garmin. FTF Magazine is sending a *trackable magazine* You will be amazed at all the fun stuff!!

            If you would like to donate, please contact Elisa Reynozo aka georeynozos aka georeynozos@.... No *donation* will be turned down.

            Y'all are the best and we look forward to hanging out with Centex!! March 11-13 will be a fun weekend!!

            Elisa
          • torieetoriee
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 10, 2012
              Hi everyone,
              This past year I attended the Texas Challenge in Conroe and prior to going I purchased a t-shirt and geocoin online. When I got there and checked in they had run out of both shirts and coins. I was told they would mail them to me afterwards. As of yet I still have not received either a shirt or a coin.

              I first e-mailed the TXGA contact link in the beginning of June when I remembered I had not received these items, asking for them or my money back. I was told the coin was in stock and would be mailed to me and the shirt was being ordered. I then e-mailed back at the end of July because I had not received anything. I got a response in the middle of August saying they were forwarding the message on to someone else.

              Finally in October I got an e-mail from the person to whom the message was forwarded. They offered me a choice between two packages:

              COMPENSATION PACKAGE "A"
              A Texas Challenge Geocoin (Silver, Volunteer Award) as well as the last remaining T-Shirt

              OR if you would prefer ----

              COMPENSATION PACKAGE "B"

              1) A new TXGA Geocoin
              2) A new TXGA Pathtag
              3) A 1 year free Membership ($15) to the TXGA Association. With this membership, you will receive voting rights as well as a permanent membership card. Members are also eligible for discounts and benefits from our partner organizations... this list of benefits is constantly growing and as we add more members will continue to grow.

              I responded to this e-mail stating that I would like package A if the shirt was in my size, or my money back. I got no response. I e-mailed back in November to check on it and was told my previous e-mail had gotten lost, but they would attend to the issue right away.

              It is now January and at this point I feel like TXGA has just decided to steal my money. Does anyone have any thoughts on what I should do now?
            • electric_water_boy
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 10, 2012
                Yep, I'll be forwarding this on up the food chain.

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "torieetoriee" <torieetoriee@...> wrote:

                > Hi everyone,
                > This past year I attended the Texas Challenge in Conroe and prior to going I purchased a t-shirt and geocoin online. When I got there and checked in they had run out of both shirts and coins. I was told they would mail them to me afterwards. As of yet I still have not received either a shirt or a coin.
                >
                > I first e-mailed the TXGA contact link in the beginning of June when I remembered I had not received these items, asking for them or my money back. I was told the coin was in stock and would be mailed to me and the shirt was being ordered. I then e-mailed back at the end of July because I had not received anything. I got a response in the middle of August saying they were forwarding the message on to someone else.
                >
                > Finally in October I got an e-mail from the person to whom the message was forwarded. They offered me a choice between two packages:
                >

                > COMPENSATION PACKAGE "A"
                > A Texas Challenge Geocoin (Silver, Volunteer Award) as well as the last remaining T-Shirt
                >
                > OR if you would prefer ----
                >
                > COMPENSATION PACKAGE "B"
                >
                > 1) A new TXGA Geocoin
                > 2) A new TXGA Pathtag
                > 3) A 1 year free Membership ($15) to the TXGA Association. With this membership, you will receive voting rights as well as a permanent membership card. Members are also eligible for discounts and benefits from our partner organizations... this list of benefits is constantly growing and as we add more members will continue to grow.
                >

                > I responded to this e-mail stating that I would like package A if the shirt was in my size, or my money back. I got no response. I e-mailed back in November to check on it and was told my previous e-mail had gotten lost, but they would attend to the issue right away.
                >
                > It is now January and at this point I feel like TXGA has just decided to steal my money. Does anyone have any thoughts on what I should do now?

              • da_hoffie
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 11, 2012
                  Elisa

                  I would like to volunteer to help as well, but I need to make sure I can drop in the pass request first. I will ask my leaders tomorrow and will let you know no later than Friday.