RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: The Texas Souvenir

  • Jay Bingham
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 6, 2011

      I can’t say that I am disappointed with it because my expectations for it were not high. When I saw that the lackeys at groundspeak were doing the art I lowered my expectations. I was hoping that they would get some local input when creating these. I guess those folks just don’t think that Texas needs a colorful souvenir because we are already colorful enough. Of the eight state souvenirs that I have seen I rate it near the bottom in appeal.

      +-+ Jay - BingOGT

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 7, 2011
        Wow, did I miss something?
        The Tx souvenir I got looks just like all the others (except that it has the shape of Tx, of course). And how do you get longhorns from that graphic?
        Like I said, maybe it is just me!

        Esther/BGTx

        I can’t say that I am disappointed with it because my expectations for it were not high. When I saw that the lackeys at groundspeak were doing the art I lowered my expectations. I was hoping that they would get some local input when creating these. I guess those folks just don’t think that Texas needs a colorful souvenir because we are already colorful enough. Of the eight state souvenirs that I have seen I rate it near the bottom in appeal.

        +-+ Jay - BingOGT
        |+| Georgetown , TX USA

          I can’t say that I am disappointed with it because my expectations for it were not high. When I saw that the lackeys at groundspeak were doing the art I lowered my expectations. I was hoping that they would get some local input when creating these. I guess those folks just don’t think that Texas needs a colorful souvenir because we are already colorful enough. Of the eight state souvenirs that I have seen I rate it near the bottom in appeal.

          +-+ Jay - BingOGT
          |+| Georgetown , TX USA

          I like the souvenir. As a proud Texan and a Longhorns fan, it speaks to me. However, it would have been nice if it were just a bit more colorful.

          Mark
          (BewareOfPenguin)

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "semperquestio" <sqcaching@...> wrote:

          > Groundspeak has put out the geocaching souvenir for Texas . Check it out and go vote in the poll I put out. Whatcha think of it?

        • Esther Lopez
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 7, 2011
            Ok, it was me! I never took the trouble of clicking "on" the graphic. I see what you all meant by color. The least the lackey could have done was add some (like maroon) to the flag, LOL! Now for that cow, it's right horn looks like it might have been "sawed off" before!

            BTW, I will go back to the poll and change my vote!

            Esther/BGTx

            I like the souvenir. As a proud Texan and a Longhorns fan, it speaks to me. However, it would have been nice if it were just a bit more colorful.

            Mark
            (BewareOfPenguin)

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "semperquestio" <sqcaching@...> wrote:

            > Groundspeak has put out the geocaching souvenir for Texas. Check it out and go vote in the poll I put out. Whatcha think of it?

          • Denise Vajdak
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 7, 2011
              I like your idea Esther...and I thought the same thing about the shape of the horns. :)

              It definitely needs more color!  The other States (except Connecticut) have beautiful colors.  Ours looks like a quick after-thought.

              NativTxn

              Denise E. Vajdak  ><>
              http://denisevajdak.us     http://facebook.com/denisevajdak

              Geocaching - Where YOU are the search engine!

            • jestrrrulz@aol.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 7, 2011
                However, I will say that "our" icon has a little more depth with the flag floating behind the longhorn. While the longhorn is representative of ~ahem~ UT, the longhorn does have a deep history in the state itself. Ranching industry and all. Yeah - color would have been cool - but I think it would have made the overlay of two of the Texas icons not seem so interesting.

                That's my two cents.

                Jeri / JestrRulz

                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 8, 2011

                  What I want to know is: Where are the bluebonnets?

                  +-+ Jay - BingOGT

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 8, 2011
                    That's what I'd hope to see too!

                    Dana/aggiemd91
                    (aka huge bluebonnet admirer)

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 10, 2011
                      It's cool I guess. Don't really mind much one way or the other... the souvenirs are in general a little silly IMO.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 10, 2011

                        I have to agree with you that souvenirs are in general a little silly, they, IMO, are made sillier because there appears to be no local input on the state souvenirs. I would be a little more excited about them if they were created by a cacher or a group of cachers from the state they represent. They would then be more likely to mean something to the cachers in that state and knowing that would make them mean more to me when I received them.

                        +-+ Jay - BingOGT