Re: Garmin Opens It's Own Geocaching Website

  • lizeebie
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 23, 2010
      So, I finally got out to my Mankins Crossing cache site today. I does look like my cache was washed away. What a mess! HUGE hay bales have been washed into right were the cache was! The trees are all laid over even many yards from the bank of the river. Mother Nature is so awesome!

      I did manage to find the Opencaching.com stash. It was pristine and dry, barely even dirty. Coordinates were spot on. I'm not convinced the date on the listing is entirely correct. I don't think it would be so pristine in its location had it been then when Hermine came though. I think I was FTF because I was the first to sign the log, but there is one log out there that was done before the cache date. How's that happen?? There was a Garmin coin in there that says I can get an activation code from coinsandpins.com, but it doesn't work; the number to me looks more like a lot number than a trackable number (xxx/xxx). I'm thinking it is just a collectable, rather than a trackable. Anyone know if Garmin did these kinds of non-trackable coins?

      Did log my find on opencaching.com, but only to see what it was all about. Still not sure about switching. Unless of course, I run out of Groundspeak caches in my area at some point. (That's not likely.)

      Just thought I'd share!

      Merry Christmas!

      Liz/Lizeebie