GeoPoker, anyone?

  • Scout
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2004
      I'm looking for volunteers (OK, guinea pigs) to try out a new Web
      site for GeoPoker. I want some folks to try it out before I announce
      it to the world. The idea was inspired by a popular Austin moving
      geocache ("The Rock that Rolls") so I hope to find some interest in
      central Texas.

      GeoPoker is a GPS game in which players try to assemble the best
      poker hand by being the first to find a container holding a GeoPoker
      log. The log sheet is moved 52 times. Each time it is found, the
      finder is awarded one playing card at random. The finder is then
      responsible for moving the log sheet to its next hiding spot. After
      all 52 cards have been "dealt", the player with the best poker
      hand "wins." The only prize is the pride of victory! :-(

      If you are interested in setting up such a game in the Austin area,
      visit the home page at http://poker.gpsgames.org for instructions.
      There's also a Yahoo mailing list set up for discussion in case folk
      think this is off-topic here (
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GeoPoker ).

      --
      Scout
    • geo_texas_gal
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2004
        I would LOVE to do something like this! If there are a few others
        interested, I'd be glad to kick off a game here....

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Scout" <Scout@G...>