Geocaching.com discussion board

  • BeOnTheLookOut
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15, 2003
      I have been reading the geocaching.com discussion board and I came
      across a thread titled Looking to Be Scared.
      http://opentopic.groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?
      a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3810966883&m=2940913555
      Anyway, what I am wondering is if any of you know of caches in the
      Austin area similar to this. I am interested in reading the logs for
      caches like Wildman Creek, and maybe taking a trip to them myself.
      Kind of exciting to me. I thought that you guys would know.
      Thanks, Brandy
    • Mark Gessner
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 16, 2003
        I just posted a cache yesterday, "Night's Plutonian Shore (GCE4E0):
        http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=58592. It's a
        night-only cache after a half mile trek through a wooded trail deep
        into the forest. I haven't rigged up any glow-in-the-dark reflector
        eyes like wildman cache though. First-finder bonus is a brand new $25
        scorpion knife.
        -mark
        aka 'lowracer'

        On Saturday, March 15, 2003, at 12:13 PM, BeOnTheLookOut wrote:

        > I have been reading the geocaching.com discussion board and I came
        > across a thread titled Looking to Be Scared.
        > http://opentopic.groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?
        > a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3810966883&m=2940913555
        > Anyway, what I am wondering is if any of you know of caches in the
        > Austin area similar to this. I am interested in reading the logs for
        > caches like Wildman Creek, and maybe taking a trip to them myself.
        > Kind of exciting to me. I thought that you guys would know.
        > Thanks, Brandy

        -mark
      • Tony Fannin
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 16, 2003
          --- Mark Gessner <mgessner@...> wrote:
          > I just posted a cache yesterday, "Night's Plutonian
          > Shore (GCE4E0):

          Heh, man, great minds think alike. I already set out
          reflectors in a different park to do this same thing.
          I was waiting to finish it up this coming week.

          Also, I was waiting on a TB tag to come so I could do
          a 'football' TB exactly like the hot-potato TB. I was
          even going to do North vs. South. Only difference was
          I set the dividing line at a parallel instead of the
          river because there are so many more caches north of
          the river than south.

          I guess when I have ideas I need to get 'em done right
          away before someone else does. :)

          Tony

          http://webhosting.yahoo.com