Announcing the 1st Austin Geo-Hot Potato!

  • GPS Dude
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15, 2003

      Hello fellow cachers...

      Announcing the first Austin Geo-Hot Potato game, pitting the north Austinites (Team Yuppie) against the south Austinites (Team Bubba).  The method behind this madness is as follows:  In one week we will be hiding a travel bug in the Austin area called Mr. Hot Potato Head (add it to you watch list now).  The object of this game is to keep the “hot potato” out of your territory.  If you’re an Austin geocacher then you’re a player!  You may choose your team or just go with your default team (to be determined by your first found Austin geocache). Winners get bragging rights at future event caches!

      When you move the Mr. Hot Potato Head travel bug, you log it as you normally would on the geocaching.com website but just be sure to include the time of your log in your post!  The game will begin on the first day of spring (March 21st) and end no later than the last day of spring (June 20th).

      Please peruse the official game website at http://www.robuck.net/hotpotato/ for complete details.  Email me prior to next Friday if you want to choose which team you’re on, otherwise you will be on the default team determined by your first Austin cache find.

      Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

      Scott & Charlotte
      Team GeoDillo
      N 30° 12.4'
      W 97° 50.4'

    • Grajek
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15, 2003

        Sounds fun. But Kinda unfair since South Austin will win without even trying. We are so much better than North Austin it’s not even funny.  J