Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] dinner for event tonight!

  • Michele Pain
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2003
      Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] dinner for event tonight! After all that, I think I will not be able to get out there!
      Have Fun and Happy New Year!
      Shelly
      ----------
      From: "Candy Lind" <candylind@...>
      To: "Central TX Geocachers" <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] dinner for event tonight!
      Date: Wed, Dec 31, 2003, 10:40 AM

      I'm making an executive decision here. We could cuss and discuss what to do for dinner until next year, literally, so I've chosen Saccone's Pizza on 183. Time is 6:30 pm. Saccone's is in a tiny strip mall south of Pecan Park and north of Lake Creek Pkwy on the southbound side of 183. If you like New Jersey style pizza and subs, you'll love this place. Grrlfrog (Mary Ann) comes all the way up to NW Austin to get a Saccone's Pizza on occasion.

      Map to the restaurant <http://home.austin.rr.com/candylind/caching/saccones.jpg>

      If you don't want pizza, here are some other good choices in the area and the times they close:
      Applebee's      183/Lakeline Mall      10:00
      Chili's              620-Pecan Park         10:30
      Fuddruckers    620-Pecan Park         10:00
      Souper Salad   183/Lakeline Mall        8:00
      IHOP              183 south of 620         24 hr
      There are lots of other fast food places nearby, but these are the ones I checked to make sure they were open.

      There will be two hiking groups. If you aren't with the two main groups, try to have at least two cars for your sub-group. Before any one group starts the hike, leave one auto at a location to be sent to the list by Mark later today. This will enable us to make a quicker exodus. Early (SLOW) cachers, meet at 8 PM at parking for Noctis Labyrinthus <http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=57a7e490-000b-4c9b-a2cb-3ea44ae68bc6>  (even *I* should be able to make it in 3-1/2 hours! LOL); the late (faster) hikers may wait til 9. Make sure to allow enough time to complete the cache, then exit the trail and drive to the "toasting location" before midnight. FRS radios will be set to channel 2. My cell phone will be on; 632-6206 and Wayne's will be on also; 632-5804. Others may choose to post theirs, as well.

      Remember your coords for The Hard Sell <http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=ea23c063-2f94-45e8-a9e2-e7459a0ae33a>  if you've solved it. If you haven't, BUG MARK! He'll help! (sorry to put the pressure on, Mark!)

      We're still working on a meeting place for the midnight toast. Update to come! :-)

      Candy Lind    candylind@... <mailto:candylind@...>
      I can quit any time ... really, I CAN!!
      Geocaching worldwide:  http://www.geocaching.com <http://www.geocaching.com>      in Texas:  http://www.txga.net <http://www.txga.net>