HiDude_98

  • Kathryn
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 28, 2010
      I just found out that Paul broke his leg and ankle in several different places while in Tahoe with his family for the holidays... His wife Deborah posted a status on Facebook. We all need to keep him and his family in our thoughts and prayers. GET WELL SOON HiDude:)

      Kathryn
      KitKat54
    • Jay Bingham
      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 28, 2010

        Ouch, that has gotta hurt.

        Get well soon, or Julie will pass you up.

        +-+ Jay - BingOGT
        |+| Georgetown , TX USA

        I just found out that Paul broke his leg and ankle in several different places while in Tahoe with his family for the holidays... His wife Deborah posted a status on Facebook. We all need to keep him and his family in our thoughts and prayers. GET WELL SOON HiDude:)

        Kathryn
        KitKat54

      • Nancy Lee
        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 29, 2010
          I hope you heal quickly and you aren't in too much pain.

          Sent from my iPhone
        • electric_water_boy
          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 29, 2010
            That'll slow him down, but I'm not so sure it'll stop him. Any more details?

            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 29, 2010
              Hugs to Deb and Katie.  Good Thinks headed to Paul.

              Russ the waterweasel

              I just found out that Paul broke his leg and ankle in several different places while in Tahoe with his family for the holidays... His wife Deborah posted a status on Facebook. We all need to keep him and his family in our thoughts and prayers. GET WELL SOON HiDude:)

              Kathryn
              KitKat54

            • Jana Iannello
              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 29, 2010
                On 11/28/2010 7:25 PM, Kathryn wrote:

                Time for another round of wheelchair accessible only caches in Austin!  Get well soon, Paul!  We all know you pulled this to get a couple of extra days off work.......lots of prayers and virtual hugs coming your way!!!

                I just found out that Paul broke his leg and ankle in several different places while in Tahoe with his family for the holidays... His wife Deborah posted a status on Facebook. We all need to keep him and his family in our thoughts and prayers. GET WELL SOON HiDude:)

                Kathryn
                KitKat54

              • Dana Simmang
                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 29, 2010
                  Ouch!  Wishing a speedy recovery.

                  Dana
                  aggiemd91

                  On 11/28/10 7:25 PM, Kathryn wrote:

                  I just found out that Paul broke his leg and ankle in several different places while in Tahoe with his family for the holidays... His wife Deborah posted a status on Facebook. We all need to keep him and his family in our thoughts and prayers. GET WELL SOON HiDude:)

                  Kathryn
                  KitKat54

                • Debbie
                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 29, 2010
                    Paul, get well soon!!!
                    Joey & Deb

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Jana Iannello <cybercat@...> wrote:

                    > On 11/28/2010 7:25 PM, Kathryn wrote:
                    >

                    > Time for another round of wheelchair accessible only caches in Austin!
                    > Get well soon, Paul! We all know you pulled this to get a couple of
                    > extra days off work.......lots of prayers and virtual hugs coming your
                    > way!!!
                    > >
                    > > I just found out that Paul broke his leg and ankle in several
                    > > different places while in Tahoe with his family for the holidays...
                    > > His wife Deborah posted a status on Facebook. We all need to keep him
                    > > and his family in our thoughts and prayers. GET WELL SOON HiDude:)
                    > >
                    > > Kathryn
                    > > KitKat54

                  • moosiegirltx
                    Message 9 of 23 , Nov 29, 2010
                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Kathryn" <kathryneh@...> wrote:
                      > I just found out that Paul broke his leg and ankle in several different places ...

                      Paul's sister indicated his accident happened while sledding -- apparently he had a really bad argument with a tree. I'm kinda relieved to hear it wasn't geocaching related! But we'll have to be sure to keep him busy while he's immobile so he won't drive Deb completely over the edge!! =8-O

                      Candy
                    • Doc
                      Message 10 of 23 , Nov 29, 2010
                        Get well soon Paul!  Wishing speedy healing and recovery....
                        Just remember, while you're off your feet, new caches are always being placed.
                        So there will be plenty to grab when you're ready!

                        Barr Ree, Son of Watt

                        Message 11 of 23 , Nov 29, 2010
                          Paul, Deb, and Katie...

                          I was shocked and deeply saddened and shaken when I got wind of this news.

                          I suppose it goes without saying that our family has a VERY good idea of what your family is going through. An injury like this affects not only the injured, but everyone around them as well.

                          If any of you need anything any time, you know where to reach us. You are, of course, in our thoughts and prayers.

                          God Bless you all.

                          The Ws

                          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Kathryn" <kathryneh@...> wrote:

                          > I just found out that Paul broke his leg and ankle in several different places while in Tahoe with his family for the holidays... His wife Deborah posted a status on Facebook. We all need to keep him and his family in our thoughts and prayers. GET WELL SOON HiDude:)
                          >
                          > Kathryn
                          > KitKat54

                        • Dave Marquardt
                          Message 12 of 23 , Nov 29, 2010
                            Paul, hope you get well soon!

                            -Dave
                             Balde Runner

                            On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 7:25 PM, Kathryn <kathryneh@...> wrote:

                            I just found out that Paul broke his leg and ankle in several different places while in Tahoe with his family for the holidays... His wife Deborah posted a status on Facebook. We all need to keep him and his family in our thoughts and prayers. GET WELL SOON HiDude:)

                            Kathryn
                            KitKat54

                          • Mrs. Captain Picard

                              Message 14 of 23 , Nov 29, 2010
                                Hi all. I just heard from Deb. I don't yet know how much she wants out there, but I'll go ahead and tell you he was sledding with K-Dude. They got headed toward a tree and he tried to redirect them. Apparently K is fine. He is in a hospital there. If I get the OK to post more, I'll do so.

                                SQ/HW

                                > Happy Healing, Paul! But what we want to know is......was it geocaching or
                                > skiing?????
                                >
                                > Cheers,
                                > Julie
                                > Mrs. Captain Picard
                                >
                                > On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 7:25 PM, Kathryn <kathryneh@...> wrote:
                                >

                                > > I just found out that Paul broke his leg and ankle in several different
                                > > places while in Tahoe with his family for the holidays... His wife Deborah
                                > > posted a status on Facebook. We all need to keep him and his family in our
                                > > thoughts and prayers. GET WELL SOON HiDude:)
                                > >
                                > > Kathryn
                                > > KitKat54

                              • semperquestio
                                Message 15 of 23 , Nov 29, 2010
                                  I got the OK to pass along the more significant details...

                                  Paul broke his leg, his ankle in 2 places, and damaged the top of his foot. He was in re-constructive surgery for quite a while and was in recovery this morning.

                                  They will be there for a while before he can be transported back.

                                  They have Deb's family around them taking good care of them. I have offered any help I can give to them and if they need anything I may be coming on here or asking folks individually looking for more help.

                                  Please don't volunteer services yet. I surely won't be able to keep track of it until it's needed.

                                  For now, keep those good thinks and prayers coming!

                                  SQ/HW
                                • electric_water_boy
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Nov 29, 2010
                                    Good thinks for all of us. A complete recovery so he can get out and about, and a quick one so he doesn't sit there and think up a bunch of puzzles that take an IQ of a bazillion to figure out.

                                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "semperquestio" <sqcaching@...> wrote:

                                    > I got the OK to pass along the more significant details...
                                    >
                                    > Paul broke his leg, his ankle in 2 places, and damaged the top of his foot. He was in re-constructive surgery for quite a while and was in recovery this morning.
                                    >
                                    > They will be there for a while before he can be transported back.
                                    >
                                    > They have Deb's family around them taking good care of them. I have offered any help I can give to them and if they need anything I may be coming on here or asking folks individually looking for more help.
                                    >
                                    > Please don't volunteer services yet. I surely won't be able to keep track of it until it's needed.
                                    >
                                    > For now, keep those good thinks and prayers coming!
                                    >
                                    > SQ/HW

                                  • Steve Fite
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Nov 29, 2010

                                      Terrible what happened and I, like others, hope he can make a full and speedy recovery.  Thanks for keeping us in the loop and passing on the info.

                                      Steve/mogasman

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Nov 29, 2010
                                        You think he would have learned not to kick caches.
                                        =gentle smile=

                                        Definite Good Thinkings.

                                        Mel/acclanman says she has a pair of crutches he can use (we were in Fredericksburg last night when we heard the news).

                                        Keep us posted, Howard. Thanks!
                                        You already know we can build ramps and move furniture!!!

                                        BarbJ/Tygress

                                        Good thinks for all of us.  A complete recovery so he can get out and about, and a quick one so he doesn't sit there and think up a bunch of puzzles that take an IQ of a bazillion to figure out.

                                        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "semperquestio" <sqcaching@...> wrote:

                                        > I got the OK to pass along the more significant details...
                                        >
                                        > Paul broke his leg, his ankle in 2 places, and damaged the top of his foot.  He was in re-constructive surgery for quite a while and was in recovery this morning.
                                        >
                                        > They will be there for a while before he can be transported back.
                                        >
                                        > They have Deb's family around them taking good care of them.  I have offered any help I can give to them and if they need anything I may be coming on here or asking folks individually looking for more help.
                                        >
                                        > Please don't volunteer services yet.  I surely won't be able to keep track of it until it's needed.
                                        >
                                        > For now, keep those good thinks and prayers coming!
                                        >
                                        > SQ/HW

                                        <*> Your email settings:
                                           Individual Email | Traditional

                                        <*> To change settings online go to:
                                           (Yahoo! ID required)

                                        <*> To change settings via email:

                                        Mortgage Rates Hit 2.67%!
                                        If you owe under $729k you probably qualify for Gov't Refi Programs
                                        SeeRefinanceRates.com
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Nov 29, 2010
                                          Ah, sledding.
                                          Been there, done that, got the scars and the war stories....

                                          Thanks for taking 'point,' Howard....

                                          BarbJ/Tygress

                                          Hi all.  I just heard from Deb.  I don't yet know how much she wants out there, but I'll go ahead and tell you he was sledding with K-Dude.  They got headed toward a tree and he tried to redirect them.  Apparently K is fine.  He is in a hospital there. If I get the OK to post more, I'll do so.

                                          SQ/HW

                                          > Happy Healing, Paul!  But what we want to know is......was it geocaching or
                                          > skiing?????
                                          >
                                          > Cheers,
                                          > Julie
                                          > Mrs. Captain Picard
                                          >
                                          > On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 7:25 PM, Kathryn <kathryneh@...> wrote:
                                          >

                                          > > I just found out that Paul broke his leg and ankle in several different
                                          > > places while in Tahoe with his family for the holidays... His wife Deborah
                                          > > posted a status on Facebook. We all need to keep him and his family in our
                                          > > thoughts and prayers. GET WELL SOON HiDude:)
                                          > >
                                          > > Kathryn
                                          > > KitKat54

                                          <*> Your email settings:
                                             Individual Email | Traditional

                                          <*> To change settings online go to:
                                             (Yahoo! ID required)

                                          <*> To change settings via email:

                                          Obama Urges Homeowners to Refinance
                                          SeeRefinanceRates.com
                                        • lizeebie
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Nov 29, 2010
                                            Dude! You're supposed to AVOID the tree with the sled and WALK up to the cache... :-) Hard lesson!

                                            Get well soon! Glad to hear you have family around and aren't stuck in the hospital alone in a strange place.

                                            Liz/Lizeebie

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Nov 29, 2010
                                              I expect Paul will be every bit as 'immoble' as Melanie -- I never saw someone so fast on crutches!
                                              =g=

                                              BarbJ - can't keep a HiDude (or an acclanman, for that matter) down (or not caching) - Tygress

                                              > I just found out that Paul broke his leg and ankle in several different places ...

                                              Paul's sister indicated his accident happened while sledding -- apparently he had a really bad argument with a tree. I'm kinda relieved to hear it wasn't geocaching related! But we'll have to be sure to keep him busy while he's immobile so he won't drive Deb completely over the edge!! =8-O

                                              Candy

                                              <*> Your email settings:
                                                 Individual Email | Traditional

                                              <*> To change settings online go to:
                                                 (Yahoo! ID required)

                                              <*> To change settings via email:

                                              Refinance Now 3.4% FIXED
                                              $160,000 Mortgage: $547/mo. No Hidden Fees. No SSN Req. Get 4 Quotes!
                                              Mortgage.LendGo.com
                                            • Indigo Parrish
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Nov 30, 2010
                                                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Kathryn" <kathryneh@...> wrote:

                                                > I just found out that Paul broke his leg and ankle in several different places while in Tahoe with his family for the holidays... His wife Deborah posted a status on Facebook. We all need to keep him and his family in our thoughts and prayers. GET WELL SOON HiDude:)

                                                Oh man :(

                                                I'm so sorry this happened and I hope you have a speedy and full recovery.

                                                -Keith (Indigo Parrish)
                                              • iris9
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Dec 1, 2010
                                                  You are in our thoughts and prayers Paul. Quick recovery from pain and injury.

                                                  Lyni9 / Iris