Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Guadalupe Mountains NP/Carlsbad Caverns N P/ Lincoln NF

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 18, 2010
      Oh, yeah, and be sure to stop at San Solomon Springs/Balmorhea State Park on your way out ... if you go I-10. Though it's too cold to swim this time of year, it's a purty spot to stretch the legs.

      BarbJ/Tygress

      On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 9:21 PM, <jerry@...> wrote:
      We're heading out to Guadalupe Mountain NP for the Thanksgiving weekend to do some hiking and caching. We plan doing the Guadalupe Peak trail and the McKittrick Canyon trail. We have three hiking days so I am looking for a good hike for the third day. Depending on elevation change I'm looking for a 8 - 12 mile hike. We will be staying in Carlsbad, NM so we should be able to hit any of the three parks listed in the subject. I will be driving my truck (4x4) but not towing the jeep out there, so I should be able to take most backroads to reach the trailhead, just not extreme stuff. Any suggestions?

      Scholarships for Moms
      Grant Funding May Be Available to Those Who Qualify!
      SeeCollegeDegrees.com