Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Daffy71 Event - GC2HM79

  • Jerry Sargent
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 18, 2010
      As on most days I will be wearing green on Friday. While the story as written may or may not be true, I am amazed buy the way I am treated every time I travel or am out in public in uniform. Even more impressive is a group of patriots in Bangor, Maine, who have been there to greet me and every other troop who has redeployed through that airport (and that is almost everyone). There is always a group there cheering, clapping, hugging, shaking hands, and offering cell phones  to the troops (free, talk as long as you want) so they can call their families to let them know they are back on US soil.

      Here is a trailer for a documentary and their official website:

      As the story below says; "The first thing a soldier says when asked 'What can we do to make things better for you?' is .....We need your support and your prayers. ". This is absolutely true. For most of us it is the little things that mean the most.

      jerry/jsargent