Alamo Area Council's "Get Into the Game" Geo-event

  • theparksplace
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2010
      I just wanted to thank eveyone that volunteered to help out at this event. It was a bigger success than we planned.

      Over 15 cachers volunteered their time on a beautiful Saturday morning (giving up some great caching finding weather) to teach over 140 registered Scouts all about geocaching. That is not including the parents, leaders, and siblings that did not register that were there the whole day as well. The final count was well over 200 people at the event.

      Some of the successes of the day:

      TX_SilverEagle found his 100th find at the 100th Anniversary of Scouting cache.

      100 Boy Scouts found their first cache when they found EWB's "Little Boys (and Girls) KEEP OUT! (GC2AFP9) cache.

      Several new geocachers were trained and will be hitting the cache trail soon (Some already found their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th caches before they left the Camp area).

      Over 250 containers were sent out and will soon be place all over the Council area. Be on the lookout for Pack ### and Troop ### caches coming soon.

      Overall, everyone had fun, got to meet new people and cachers, and learned all about geocaching.

      Again I want to thank all the participated or helped out. We could not have done it with out you.

      Forrest Parks (theparksplace)
      Chairman, Alamo Area Council Geocaching Committee (AACBSA)