Can you help? October 22

  • bigguy9211116
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2010
      Howdy,
      I got this call for help and I am unable to volunteer, but I am hoping someone in our great CenTex community might.
      Thanks for your help!
      E/BGTX

      ParkerPlus here

      On Friday, October 22, a geocacher by the name of MAINGRAY (a geocacher from North Carolina), will be in Galveston attending the World Burn Congress Covention at the Moody Gardens Hotel.

      Back in the first part of August, he posted a request for help in this project as follow: "For the last five years we've have hosted a local program to introduce geocaching to teen burn survivors at the NC Jaycees Burn Center. For the last 2 years, the Phoenix Society held the World Burn Congress (an international conference for burn survivors and their families, and professionals in the field) in Raleigh and NYC and asked NCGO to host a similar activity for them at each Congress - it has been wildly popular."

      Rob, MAINGRAY, has a session Friday afternoon where volunteers lead/assist teenage survivors in a geocaching activitity where he has hidden caches near the hotel for the teens to find. Volunteers are needed to assist the youngesters for about 2-4 hours.

      I am helping to enlist volunteers/workers in this local project in Galveston to help another geocacher. Can I ask you for help in this endeavor.

      You can visit the Houston GC website - HGCS.Org - and search for World Burn Congress for more information.

      Your help will be greatly apprieicated.

      Thanks for your time

      Neal Parker, ParkerPlus

      User's Profile: