Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] DFW Cache-a-thon; final numbers!

  • The Diver
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 14, 2003
      Ovalle ? :)

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Candy Lind" <candylind@...>
      To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 10:08 AM
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] DFW Cache-a-thon; final numbers!

      > Well the numbers are in (unless Wayne or Trey corrects me on
      > something.). I logged 80 finds, Wayne 82, Trey 87 and Ken 77. Two-day
      > high was for Sunday-Monday, 46 caches, which I believe tops Webling's
      > Austin 2-day of 40. I'm here to tell you, I don't know how we did
      > it!!! We learned a lot and will plan a lot better for the next trip.
      >
      > Next time we'll do more hiking and multi-caches and less virtuals,
      > which will of course knock down the totals. We visited up IH35E from
      > West to Hillsboro and Waxahachie, Ovalle and Red Oak, from the Grassy
      > Knoll to the Stockyards, North to Plano and Addison and south through
      > GrandPrairie and little podunk places all down IH35W. All in all, I
      > would say DFW is a great place to cache! We had a blast.
      >
      > What's been your favorite road trip??
      >
      > Happy Trails,
      > Candy

    • Wayne Lind
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 14, 2003
        Ovilla. She still has not recovered fully.
        > Well the numbers are in (unless Wayne or Trey corrects me on
        > something.). I logged 80 finds, Wayne 82, Trey 87 and Ken 77. Two-day
        > high was for Sunday-Monday, 46 caches, which I believe tops Webling's
        > Austin 2-day of 40. I'm here to tell you, I don't know how we did
        > it!!! We learned a lot and will plan a lot better for the next trip.
        >
        > Next time we'll do more hiking and multi-caches and less virtuals,
        > which will of course knock down the totals. We visited up IH35E from
        > West to Hillsboro and Waxahachie, Ovalle and Red Oak, from the Grassy
        > Knoll to the Stockyards, North to Plano and Addison and south through
        > GrandPrairie and little podunk places all down IH35W. All in all, I
        > would say DFW is a great place to cache! We had a blast.
        >
        > What's been your favorite road trip??
        >
        > Happy Trails,
        > Candy

      • Eoghan
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 14, 2003
          <candylind@e...> wrote:
          > Well the numbers are in (unless Wayne or Trey corrects me on
          > something.). I logged 80 finds, Wayne 82, Trey 87 and Ken 77.

          You guys are crazy. I can't even remember how long it took for me to
          find that many total. At my current rate it'll be about another 6 or
          7 years before I find that many more.
          Like I said, you guys are crazy! And I'm extremely envious.
          (At least we got to find two last weekend in the snow.)

          -O1
        • Wayne Lind
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 14, 2003
            Can you think of a better way to spend a 4 day weekend?  :) I am still trying to recover from 3 nights in a row going to bed at or after midnight.
            > Well the numbers are in (unless Wayne or Trey corrects me on
            > something.). I logged 80 finds, Wayne 82, Trey 87 and Ken 77.

            You guys are crazy. I can't even remember how long it took for me to
            find that many total. At my current rate it'll be about another 6 or
            7 years before I find that many more.
            Like I said, you guys are crazy! And I'm extremely envious.
            (At least we got to find two last weekend in the snow.)

            -O1

          • Candy Lind
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 14, 2003
              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Eoghan" <eoghan@s...>
              wrote:
              > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Candy Lind"
              > <candylind@e...> wrote:
              > ... I logged 80 finds, Wayne 82, Trey 87 and Ken 77.
              >
              > You guys are crazy. I can't even remember how long it took for me
              > find that many total. At my current rate it'll be about another 6
              or
              > 7 years before I find that many more.
              > Like I said, you guys are crazy! And I'm extremely envious.
              > (At least we got to find two last weekend in the snow.)

              Oh, YES! We are DEFINITELY crazy!! :-D And Wayne is right, I'm STILL
              trying to recover. My days and nights are totally screwed up. We had
              a great time and saw a lot of neat stuff. I want to go back and spend
              a NON geocaching weekend in Fort Worth to soak things up a little
              more.

              So you went caching in the snow and you think WE'RE crazy? LOL We
              waited til after the thaw, at least. ;-)

              Happy Trails,
              Candy