10th Anniversary Event Name Idea

  • Opalblade
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 2010
      Ok here are my idea contributions :)  All three have domain names available at the lowest price ($12ish).

      Maybe with a tag line of Keeping it Weird Austin-Style, Where It All Started  But then we'd have to introduce some weirdness...oh wait...hmm...

      1/
      EVENTenth.com - The Mega 10th Anniversary of Event Caching
      It's a bit hobbit-y and maybe slightly awkward but I like it :D

      2/ MegaTenthEvent.com - The Mega 10th Anniversary of Event Caching

      3/ EventMegaTenth.com - The Mega 10th Anniversary of Event Caching

      --
      Opalblade (Laura)

      AustinMommies.com Founder
      www.AustinMommies.com
      free to join ~ five counties ~ forums & events
    • Matthew Manning

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 6, 2010
          We've had some great ideas so far!

          Chris had an idea, too, that I'd like to run past you guys...

          What about we buy the domain www.geocachingaustin.com or www.austinareageocaching.com?

          This could be a central site for other bigger CenTex events, too. Obviously, the first event listed would be this one that we're talking about.

          We could link to the current site of the TexasGeocaching.com forums (maybe give them a boost), as well as this Yahoo group.

          He can get something like this going quickly once we make a decision. Admin of the site doesn't have to be difficult, so that's not a worry.

          We want to purchase a domain before Friday, so he can get started on the site. We'll wait for some more thoughts, though, before purchasing and moving forward.

          Liz
          Lizeebie

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Manning <bananapoo@...> wrote:

          > Http://www.Google.com/a. I am telling you. $10 a year for the domain, full
          > of Googley goodnes.
          >
          > On Oct 6, 2010 7:41 PM, "Opalblade" <opalblade@...> wrote:
          >

          > *
          > Ok here are my idea contributions :) All three have domain names available
          > at the lowest price ($12ish).
          >
          > Maybe with a tag line of Keeping it Weird Austin-Style, Where It All Started
          > But then we'd have to introduce some weirdness...oh wait...hmm...
          >
          > 1/
          > EVENTenth.com - The Mega 10th Anniversary of Event Caching
          > It's a bit hobbit-y and maybe slightly awkward but I like it :D
          >
          > *
          > 2/ *MegaTenthEvent.com* - The Mega 10th Anniversary of Event Caching
          >
          > 3/ *EventMegaTenth.com* - The Mega 10th Anniversary of Event Caching
          >
          > --
          > Opalblade (Laura)
          >
          > AustinMommies.com Founder
          > www.AustinMommies.com
          > free to join ~ five counties ~ forums & events

        • Vicki L. Almstrum

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 6, 2010
              Is this the gist of the text I just got (unsigned) on my phone?
              Let me know what y'all decide. I have no particular opinion myself.
              I mean, I don't actually TYPE links, I just click 'em.

              confus'led Tygress

              I like the idea of the broader perspective and personally prefer geocachingaustin.com (although I think a .net or even a .org or ... could be considerations for the extension).
              -- Vicki / FG2 in FiedoGang

              On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 9:05 PM, lizeebie <lizeebie@...> wrote:

              We've had some great ideas so far!

              Chris had an idea, too, that I'd like to run past you guys...

              What about we buy the domain www.geocachingaustin.com or www.austinareageocaching.com?

              This could be a central site for other bigger CenTex events, too. Obviously, the first event listed would be this one that we're talking about.

              $350,000 Life Insurance
              Coverage as low as $13.04/month. Free, No Obligation Quotes.
              QuoteWhiz.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 6, 2010
                Howard likes "1st & 10"

                Also ctxga.com or centexga.com ....

                There. Ya'll have fun now!

                -B/Tygress melted crabby brains (not your faults -- modern medicine's downside)

                Ok here are my idea contributions :)  All three have domain names available at the lowest price ($12ish).

                Maybe with a tag line of Keeping it Weird Austin-Style, Where It All Started  But then we'd have to introduce some weirdness...oh wait...hmm...

                1/
                EVENTenth.com - The Mega 10th Anniversary of Event Caching
                It's a bit hobbit-y and maybe slightly awkward but I like it :D

                2/ MegaTenthEvent.com - The Mega 10th Anniversary of Event Caching
                3/ EventMegaTenth.com - The Mega 10th Anniversary of Event Caching
                --
                Opalblade (Laura)

                AustinMommies.com Founder
                www.AustinMommies.com
                free to join ~ five counties ~ forums & events

                $13/Month Car Insurance?
                Insurance deal just passed now allows you to get car insurance for $13
                GoGetAutoInsurance.com
              • Esther Lopez
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 7, 2010
                  How about adding & Doing it AGAIN! to what Howard said?

                  Esther/BGTx