DFW Cache-a-thon; final numbers!

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 14 8:08 AM
      Well the numbers are in (unless Wayne or Trey corrects me on
      something.). I logged 80 finds, Wayne 82, Trey 87 and Ken 77. Two-day
      high was for Sunday-Monday, 46 caches, which I believe tops Webling's
      Austin 2-day of 40. I'm here to tell you, I don't know how we did
      it!!! We learned a lot and will plan a lot better for the next trip.

      Next time we'll do more hiking and multi-caches and less virtuals,
      which will of course knock down the totals. We visited up IH35E from
      West to Hillsboro and Waxahachie, Ovalle and Red Oak, from the Grassy
      Knoll to the Stockyards, North to Plano and Addison and south through
      GrandPrairie and little podunk places all down IH35W. All in all, I
      would say DFW is a great place to cache! We had a blast.

      What's been your favorite road trip??

      Happy Trails,
      Candy
    • The Diver
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 14 12:06 PM
        Ovalle ? :)

        > Well the numbers are in (unless Wayne or Trey corrects me on
        > something.). I logged 80 finds, Wayne 82, Trey 87 and Ken 77. Two-day
        > high was for Sunday-Monday, 46 caches, which I believe tops Webling's
        > Austin 2-day of 40. I'm here to tell you, I don't know how we did
        > it!!! We learned a lot and will plan a lot better for the next trip.
        >
        > Next time we'll do more hiking and multi-caches and less virtuals,
        > which will of course knock down the totals. We visited up IH35E from
        > West to Hillsboro and Waxahachie, Ovalle and Red Oak, from the Grassy
        > Knoll to the Stockyards, North to Plano and Addison and south through
        > GrandPrairie and little podunk places all down IH35W. All in all, I
        > would say DFW is a great place to cache! We had a blast.
        >
        > What's been your favorite road trip??
        >
        > Happy Trails,
        > Candy

      • Wayne Lind
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 14 12:16 PM
          Ovilla. She still has not recovered fully.
          > Well the numbers are in (unless Wayne or Trey corrects me on
          > something.). I logged 80 finds, Wayne 82, Trey 87 and Ken 77. Two-day
          > high was for Sunday-Monday, 46 caches, which I believe tops Webling's
          > Austin 2-day of 40. I'm here to tell you, I don't know how we did
          > it!!! We learned a lot and will plan a lot better for the next trip.
          >
          > Next time we'll do more hiking and multi-caches and less virtuals,
          > which will of course knock down the totals. We visited up IH35E from
          > West to Hillsboro and Waxahachie, Ovalle and Red Oak, from the Grassy
          > Knoll to the Stockyards, North to Plano and Addison and south through
          > GrandPrairie and little podunk places all down IH35W. All in all, I
          > would say DFW is a great place to cache! We had a blast.
          >
          > What's been your favorite road trip??
          >
          > Happy Trails,
          > Candy

        • Eoghan
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 14 9:28 PM
            <candylind@e...> wrote:
            > Well the numbers are in (unless Wayne or Trey corrects me on
            > something.). I logged 80 finds, Wayne 82, Trey 87 and Ken 77.

            You guys are crazy. I can't even remember how long it took for me to
            find that many total. At my current rate it'll be about another 6 or
            7 years before I find that many more.
            Like I said, you guys are crazy! And I'm extremely envious.
            (At least we got to find two last weekend in the snow.)

            -O1
          • Wayne Lind
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 14 9:34 PM
              Can you think of a better way to spend a 4 day weekend?  :) I am still trying to recover from 3 nights in a row going to bed at or after midnight.

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 14 9:47 PM
                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Eoghan" <eoghan@s...>
                wrote:
                > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Candy Lind"
                > <candylind@e...> wrote:
                > ... I logged 80 finds, Wayne 82, Trey 87 and Ken 77.
                >
                > You guys are crazy. I can't even remember how long it took for me
                > find that many total. At my current rate it'll be about another 6
                or
                > 7 years before I find that many more.
                > Like I said, you guys are crazy! And I'm extremely envious.
                > (At least we got to find two last weekend in the snow.)

                Oh, YES! We are DEFINITELY crazy!! :-D And Wayne is right, I'm STILL
                trying to recover. My days and nights are totally screwed up. We had
                a great time and saw a lot of neat stuff. I want to go back and spend
                a NON geocaching weekend in Fort Worth to soak things up a little
                more.

                So you went caching in the snow and you think WE'RE crazy? LOL We
                waited til after the thaw, at least. ;-)

                Happy Trails,
                Candy