Nice to meet you at this past weekends awards.

  • teamvasquez
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2010
      Just wanted to say that we had a nice time this past saturdays awards event. It was really neat to finally see and meet the people behind the log names. I know that some have been in geocaching articles and books, some recently celebrated a 7000th find, some write really nice notes in their online logging of our caches...It was like meeting icons, I mean this sincerely. Seeing your names on the logs of caches we just found or in recent logs for a cache we might go after and finally getting to meet most of you.

      I dont know if any of you might have seen me leaning over to my wife or daughter during the ceremony whispering. It wasnt me trying to be rude, it was me saying things like "shes the one that hid the cache in luling, that micro that we had a hard time finding the day we bought a watermelon" or "hes the one that hid that cache in Moya Park that I looked for on three different trips" or "shes the one that hid that cache down that crooked road near the house".

      Meeting you personally put caching on a different level for me. I have been inspired by some through their creativity, use of camo, paints etc on cache designs. Some thru ur sneaky and evil hide and some thru ur kind words in ur logs or your poetry. We are still young at this and appreciate helping us feel welcome to your group.

      Again, it was a pleasure meeting you and being a part of this weekends activities.

      Rudy aka 33 1/3 of TeamVasquez
    • Mrs. Captain Picard