Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Coming to town

  • Denise Vajdak
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 4, 2010
      I work in Bryan and I normally get off at 5 pm.  I could probably leave at 4 pm and be there by 6 pm.  I'll be at the Clarion Inn & Suites and I'll need to check in.  Then I'm free for the night.

      Then on Wednesday, I'm hoping to be done around 4pm and I can hang around town for a while before heading home to Snook.

      Denise E. Vajdak  ><>

      The Gourmet Cupboard / Popcorn Shirts
      http://denisevajdak.us     http://facebook.com/denisevajdak

      Not all who wander are lost. Let's go geocaching!

      On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 7:18 PM, softscienceofficer <edgeanderson@...> wrote:

      Hi Denise,

      This is my neck of the woods, so I'll chime in. I agree with Julie, there are a number of good caches, most of which take you to some unusual South Austin landmark. In addition to those Julie mentioned, "See" (GCKRVW) takes you to a unique piece of Austin. Right AT Oltorf and I-35 is a nice virtual (Blunn Creek Preserve). I also like "Grotto Cache Micro" because it's a beautiful location on the pretty St. Edward's campus. "Salute" (GC1M9N8)off of S. Lamar Blvd. just won our award for Best Urban Cache. If you're looking for a hike, the Barton Creek Greenbelt west off of S. Lamar has several.

      No events in Austin, and a cacher coming to town? Hmm....how firm is your arrival time?

      Ed/SoftScienceOfficer

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Denise Vajdak <denise.vajdak@...> wrote:
      > I'll be going to Austin on Nov 2 and staying the night so I can go to a
      > training class on the 3rd. I don't see any events listed for either night
      > yet, so are there any "must do" caches around the I-35 S/Oltorf St. area? I
      > may not get to town until 7pm on the 2nd, so it might be easier to search
      > after class on the 3rd.
      >
      > *Denise E. Vajdak* ><>
      >
      > The Gourmet Cupboard / Popcorn Shirts
      > http://denisevajdak.us http://facebook.com/denisevajdak
      >
      > *Not all who wander are lost. Let's go geocaching <http://geocaching.com>!*
      > *
      > *

    • Denise Vajdak
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 28, 2010
        Looks like I'll be leaving Bryan at 3 pm on Tuesday, which means I'll hit 5:00 traffic, but I'll be there somewhere around then.