Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] 50 cal ammo can needed

  • Matthew Manning
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2010

      National army surplus :)

      On Oct 4, 2010 11:02 AM, "Mrs. Captain Picard" <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

      Does anyone in San Antonio have a 50 cal ammo can I can buy from them, or know where in SA we can buy them?

      Thanks!
    • jestrrrulz@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2010
        I am headed back to SA on 10/24 to work downtown 10/25. I will be happy to pick some up for you if you still need them at that  point. Surplus store is a few blocks from my house.  If you really need them, I can meet ya half-way this weekend or next.

        Jeri / JestrRulz

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2010

          There are 3 national army surplus stores in San Antonio, and the ammo cans are stacked by the front door.  All shapes and sizes too.  I love those stores. :)

          On Oct 5, 2010 10:20 PM, <jestrrrulz@...> wrote:

          I am headed back to SA on 10/24 to work downtown 10/25. I will be happy to pick some up for you if you still need them at that  point. Surplus store is a few blocks from my house.  If you really need them, I can meet ya half-way this weekend or next.

          Jeri / JestrRulz

          In a message dated 10/4/2010 11:03:13 A.M. Central Daylight Time, mrscaptainpicard@... wr...

        • Mrs. Captain Picard
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 6, 2010
            I went to National Surplus here in San Antonio and nearly CHOKED when they wanted $20 for an ammo can!  I walked right out of the store and called Moosiegirl, who sold me a couple for $5 each.  She said he had a bunch more 30 cal if anyone else needs them.

            Jeri, I'm still negotiating with a couple of people who will be transforming the can into my next cache, so I can't say right now if I need a "carrier" to get them down here or not.  Thanks for the offer, though!

            Cheers,