RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] first finds

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2010
      A cash cache down in a Fern Bluff park.... which was out in the open -- because the local kiddos had discovered it and were helping themselves (it was archived shortly after).
      Shortly after we found Moosiegirl's Sam Bass virtual, and then a devilish TeamRocket hide in Brushy Creek Park on O'Connor. I guess we should feel pretty chuffed to find one of the hardest camo jobs in our first five, eh?

      Our first lampskirt was a TreyB (over by I-HOP on 183/45), and we thought it was SO COOL. And it was. Just because they've become mundane now -- they're still a quick smile that shines as golden. (And I remember it!)

      And the first cache to give us fits was another TreyB. Just a match case in a shrubbery outside Garden Ridge -- but the darn thing went invisible in the rain, and that poor shrub was a stash point for a lot more than caches, so tended to creep us out. Especially since the first two times were in the rain. Much easier find in the dry.

      Now, if you ask about milestones -- other than my 1000th (Ebenezer (Cemetery), the day before Easter '07 IN THE SNOW!!!!!), and the more recently found 5000th, I can't help you without looking them up.... but I don't tend to select memorable caches for milestones, I just let them fall when they fall.... (don't track my numbers very closely, this Tygress).

      -B/Tygress