mda_taz hits 7000!!!

  • softscienceofficer
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 27, 2010
      Saw Matthew's log today for "Nine Princes in Amber," his 7000th find! Way to go!

      Ed/SoftScienceOfficer
    • Shawn Olsen
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 27, 2010
        Congrats!!!!

        S6/Shawn

        On Sep 27, 2010, at 4:33 PM, "softscienceofficer" <edgeanderson@...> wrote:

        Saw Matthew's log today for "Nine Princes in Amber," his 7000th find! Way to go!

        Ed/SoftScienceOfficer

      • Jana Iannello
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 27, 2010
          On 9/27/2010 4:33 PM, softscienceofficer wrote:

          Wow!! Way to go!! You've been busy!
          Jana

          Saw Matthew's log today for "Nine Princes in Amber," his 7000th find! Way to go!

          Ed/SoftScienceOfficer

        • Carlin
          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 27, 2010
            Congratulations Matthew!  What a great cache to claim your 7K!

            Carlin/1Carlin

            Sent: Monday, September 27, 2010 4:33 PM
            Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] mda_taz hits 7000!!!

            Saw Matthew's log today for "Nine Princes in Amber," his 7000th find! Way to go!

            Ed/SoftScienceOfficer

          • electric_water_boy
            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 27, 2010
              Woo hoo! Congrats!

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "softscienceofficer" <edgeanderson@...> wrote:

              > Saw Matthew's log today for "Nine Princes in Amber," his 7000th find! Way to go!
              >
              > Ed/SoftScienceOfficer

            • Doc
              Message 6 of 20 , Sep 27, 2010
                So EXCELLENT!
                Way to go Matthew!
                And just to think....
                I knew him when he was only a 2K'er....
                lol....
                Seriously, Matthew, great job!
                Barry
                aka Doc Geo

                Message 7 of 20 , Sep 27, 2010
                  Woot! Woot!
                  Awesome!!!!!!

                  Saw Matthew's log today for "Nine Princes in Amber," his 7000th find! Way to go!

                  Ed/SoftScienceOfficer

                  <*> Your email settings:
                     Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                     (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:

                  Refinance Now 3.7% FIXED
                  $160,000 Mortgage for $547/mo. FREE. No Obligation. Get 4 Quotes!
                  Mortgage.LendGo.com
                • Steve Fite
                  Message 8 of 20 , Sep 27, 2010

                    7,000 finds.  My oh my.  OMG, what a fine accomplishment.  Congrats and way to go.

                    Someone asked me the other day what my first find was.  I couldn’t remember and I only have 830 finds!  I actually had to go look it up on gc.com.  Turns out it was some cache called “Way out west” in Guadalupe River State Park that I found in January 08.  Hidden by someone calling themselves G. Dubya with a picture of George Bush.  LOL.  I know he lives in Texas but I doubt he’s hiding caches.  Anyway, was curious if you remember what your first cache find was?  In fact I’m curious how many Centex cachers remember what their first find was.

                    Steve/mogasman

                    Message 9 of 20 , Sep 27, 2010
                      Mine was a "Beautiful View" ... A view like no other over Lake Travis!

                      Shawn/s6sputnik
                    • Jana Iannello
                      Message 10 of 20 , Sep 27, 2010
                        On 9/27/2010 9:21 PM, Steve Fite wrote:

                        Eisenhower Observation Tower, found in March of 2002.  Went to GZ and there was nothing there.  Wandered around and found a weird URP.  What a THRILL!!!! Started hiding things right away cause there was nothing else to find.  Now they are multiplying faster than I can find them!  LOL!!
                        Jana

                        7,000 finds.  My oh my.  OMG, what a fine accomplishment.  Congrats and way to go.

                        Someone asked me the other day what my first find was.  I couldn’t remember and I only have 830 finds!  I actually had to go look it up on gc.com.  Turns out it was some cache called “Way out west” in Guadalupe River State Park that I found in January 08.  Hidden by someone calling themselves G. Dubya with a picture of George Bush.  LOL.  I know he lives in Texas but I doubt he’s hiding caches.  Anyway, was curious if you remember what your first cache find was?  In fact I’m curious how many Centex cachers remember what their first find was.

                        Steve/mogasman

                        Saw Matthew's log today for "Nine Princes in Amber," his 7000th find! Way to go!

                        Ed/SoftScienceOfficer

                      • Mrs. Captain Picard
                        Message 11 of 20 , Sep 27, 2010
                          7000 fun adventures!  What a great milestone.  We're excited for you!  Congratulations,

                          Message 12 of 20 , Sep 27, 2010
                            Cave of Books, Bastrop State Park. I still have it on my watchlist for sentimental reasons.

                            When my wife first suggested this hobby to me, I thought she was crazy. She had to drag me to Bastrop SP to use the GPS she got for me for Father's Day.

                            I'm eternally indebted to her. :)

                            Ed/SSO

                            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Fite" <sfite@...> wrote:

                            > 7,000 finds. My oh my. OMG, what a fine accomplishment. Congrats and way
                            > to go.
                            >

                            > Someone asked me the other day what my first find was. I couldn't remember
                            > and I only have 830 finds! I actually had to go look it up on gc.com.
                            > Turns out it was some cache called "Way out west" in Guadalupe River State
                            > Park that I found in January 08. Hidden by someone calling themselves G.
                            > Dubya with a picture of George Bush. LOL. I know he lives in Texas but I
                            > doubt he's hiding caches. Anyway, was curious if you remember what your
                            > first cache find was? In fact I'm curious how many Centex cachers remember
                            > what their first find was.
                            >

                            > Steve/mogasman

                          • arnaud.geo
                            Message 13 of 20 , Sep 27, 2010
                              Congrats Matthew! Way to Go!

                              Arnaud - SoaringEagle

                              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "softscienceofficer" <edgeanderson@...> wrote:

                              > Saw Matthew's log today for "Nine Princes in Amber," his 7000th find! Way to go!
                              >
                              > Ed/SoftScienceOfficer

                            • moosiegirltx
                              Message 14 of 20 , Sep 27, 2010
                                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "softscienceofficer" <edgeanderson@...> wrote:

                                > Saw Matthew's log today for "Nine Princes in Amber," his 7000th find! Way to go!
                                >
                                > Ed/SoftScienceOfficer

                                congrats, Matthew! Glad you made it!

                                Candy
                                moosiegirl
                                Message 15 of 20 , Sep 28, 2010
                                  Most excellent!  Way to go, Matt!

                                  Russ the waterweasel

                                  Saw Matthew's log today for "Nine Princes in Amber," his 7000th find! Way to go!

                                  Ed/SoftScienceOfficer

                                • Indigo Parrish
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Sep 28, 2010
                                    <edgeanderson@...> wrote:

                                    > Saw Matthew's log today for "Nine Princes in Amber," his 7000th find!
                                    Way to go!

                                    > Ed/SoftScienceOfficer

                                    Congratulations Matthew!

                                    I'm quite happy with your cache selection for your milestone as well :)

                                    -Keith (Indigo Parrish)
                                  • Matthew A
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Sep 28, 2010
                                      Thanks everyone for the kind words. Geocaching has brought many great adventures and wonderful places to visit into my life and so many great friends.

                                      Yes I do remember my first find. It was GCG074 WELCOME to my PARLOR next to the Houston Astros baseball stadium. We were there to watch a game and we decided to answer the questions on this neat virtual.

                                      Matthew

                                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Fite" <sfite@...> wrote:

                                      > 7,000 finds. My oh my. OMG, what a fine accomplishment. Congrats and way
                                      > to go.
                                      >

                                      > Someone asked me the other day what my first find was. I couldn't remember
                                      > and I only have 830 finds! I actually had to go look it up on gc.com.
                                      > Turns out it was some cache called "Way out west" in Guadalupe River State
                                      > Park that I found in January 08. Hidden by someone calling themselves G.
                                      > Dubya with a picture of George Bush. LOL. I know he lives in Texas but I
                                      > doubt he's hiding caches. Anyway, was curious if you remember what your
                                      > first cache find was? In fact I'm curious how many Centex cachers remember
                                      > what their first find was.
                                      >

                                      > Steve/mogasman

                                    • Dana Simmang
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Sep 28, 2010
                                        Congratulations!

                                        Dana
                                        aggiemd91

                                        Saw Matthew's log today for "Nine Princes in Amber," his 7000th find! Way to go!

                                        Ed/SoftScienceOfficer

                                      • Esther Lopez
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Sep 28, 2010
                                          Congratulations on 7K Matt!

                                          Esther/BGTx

                                          > Saw Matthew's log today for "Nine Princes in Amber," his 7000th find! Way to go!
                                          >
                                          > Ed/SoftScienceOfficer

                                        • Dave Marquardt
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Sep 30, 2010
                                            Congratulations!