Rats, I hate when that happens!

  • bigguy9211116
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2010
      Howdy,
      I don't really expect an answer, perhaps I just need to vent. I put out a new hide in Pflugerville on Aug. 31 and I just today(9/5) heard back from the reviewer that my hide was disabled since it was less than 100 ft. from a puzzle cache.

      Of course this is one of the consequences of hating puzzle caches, but it stinks! The cache was hidden at N 30° 26.274 W 097° 37.133. As I haven't found all the puzzles in the area I don't know which one mine is infringing on.

      Can anyone help?

      Man, where is Wayne when I need him? Oh yeah, he is on the road.

      Rats, I hate when that happens!

      Esther/BGTx

      BTW, wasn't that a long time between my hiding it and the reviewer letting me know they had disabled it? What happened to my 3 days?

      Sorry, that was me venting again. I'll be quiet now!
    • Kay Barfield
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2010
        snickers..... The one who hates puzzles?  hhhhmmm I wonder..... :O

        KAY/ Ina
        axxiues@...

        Parked dianglelly in parrallel universes.

        To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 6, 2010
          Been there, done that, chewed up the t-shirt...

          Indeed it sucketh in the nostrils (it would help of PA were a little nicer in his user interface, but I've decided he just doesn't have one, bless his prickly heart). Once I asked, well, wouldn't it be better if Big Green would just *know* and give a proximity error, saving us all grief? And PA said, no, people would use it to reverse engineer where puzzle finals were. My thought: that sounds like more work than the puzzle, let the few have a smile to save the many irritation. But that's just me, I guess.

          =sympathy!=

          BarbJ/Tygress

          I don't really expect an answer, perhaps I just need to vent. I put out a new hide in  Pflugerville on Aug. 31 and I just today(9/5) heard back from the reviewer that my hide was disabled since it was less than 100 ft. from a puzzle cache.

          Of course this is one of the consequences of hating puzzle caches, but it stinks!  The cache was hidden at N 30� 26.274 W 097� 37.133. As I haven't found all the puzzles in the area I don't know which one mine is infringing on.

          Can anyone help?

          Man, where is Wayne when I need him? Oh yeah, he is on the road.

          Rats, I hate when that happens!

          Esther/BGTx

          BTW, wasn't that a long time between my hiding it and the reviewer letting me know they had disabled it? What happened to my 3 days?

          Sorry, that was me venting again. I'll be quiet now!

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:

          "Look Sweetie, I Made $3,000"
          Discover how these women surprised their husbands with big monthly checks
          HomeJobsForCitizens.Org
        • palbers@austin.rr.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 7, 2010
            Esther,

            I will send you an email offline to let you know which puzzle cache you
            are close to there. If you need to know which direction to go with the
            hide, let me know and I can help with that too.

            -paul
            HiDude_98