HiDude_98 and 20K

    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 26, 2010
      Well, I've been waiting for the logging to finish. And it has! It's official: HiDude_98 has broken the big 20K! Heck, the way I hear it, he did over 2400 caches in 9 days!

      WAY TO GO, Paul!

      Russ the cheering waterweasel
    • Carlin
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 26, 2010
        Yeah, congrat's on 20K!

        Carlin

        Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2010 2:52 PM
        Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] HiDude_98 and 20K

        Well, I've been waiting for the logging to finish. And it has! It's official: HiDude_98 has broken the big 20K! Heck, the way I hear it, he did over 2400 caches in 9 days!

        WAY TO GO, Paul!

        Russ the cheering waterweasel

      • Mark Benson
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 26, 2010
          :-O

          Sorry, that's all I got.

          Mark
          (BewareOfPenguin)

          On 8/26/2010 2:52 PM, Russ Jernigan wrote:

          Well, I've been waiting for the logging to finish. And it has! It's official: HiDude_98 has broken the big 20K! Heck, the way I hear it, he did over 2400 caches in 9 days!

          WAY TO GO, Paul!

          Russ the cheering waterweasel

        • Reddog Texas
          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 26, 2010
            Again, I agree with Mark!  What else is there to say....2400 caches in 9 days?!!?  My daily best is just over 100.

            Congrats!

            Dawn (re2dog)

            Message 5 of 20 , Aug 26, 2010
              And to think we knew him when he had less than 100. Then we blinked.

              BarbJ/Tygress

              Well, I've been waiting for the logging to finish.  And it has!  It's official: HiDude_98 has broken the big 20K!  Heck, the way I hear it, he did over 2400 caches in 9 days!

              WAY TO GO, Paul!

              Russ the cheering waterweasel

              <*> Your email settings:
                 Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                 (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:

              Obama Urges Homeowners to Refinance
              SeeRefinanceRates.com
            • Jana Iannello
              Message 6 of 20 , Aug 26, 2010

                Message 7 of 20 , Aug 26, 2010
                  That proves he is super-human.  How is 2400 caches in 9 days possible?  He is definitely a time traveler.

                  Carlin/1Carlin

                    Message 9 of 20 , Aug 26, 2010
                      DUDE!!!

                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Russ Jernigan <waterweasel@...> wrote:

                      > Well, I've been waiting for the logging to finish. And it has! It's official: HiDude_98 has broken the big 20K! Heck, the way I hear it, he did over 2400 caches in 9 days!
                      >
                      > WAY TO GO, Paul!
                      >
                      > Russ the cheering waterweasel

                    • Mrs. Captain Picard
                      Message 10 of 20 , Aug 27, 2010
                        Awesome milestone!  Wish I could hit it, too!  LOL  Those big number runs are not everyone's cup of tea, but there's a challenge and excitement about going after it, not to mention the camaraderie of all the others doing the same thing.

                        Congratulations, Paul!

                      • al_allen327
                        Message 11 of 20 , Aug 27, 2010
                          Wow, Paul. You're a maniac! Congrats and onward to chase down the top in the World!!!

                          Audra/semik

                        • palbers@austin.rr.com
                          Message 12 of 20 , Aug 27, 2010
                            Thank you all very much for the wonderful congrats on my milestone.

                            It was an incredible week. Most definitely not for all. Every year my best friend
                            Tombmaker! head out on a Guys Roadtrip for 9 days. Before geocaching we used to
                            golf all around the states. Each year we have gotten a bit more extreme when it
                            comes to geocaching.

                            This year, we drove nearly 4400 miles, cached in four states, flew from one spot
                            to another, went to bed after 1am and woke up around 4am each day. We ate very
                            little, but kept a cooler full of water and gatorade. We caught two rattlesnakes
                            and did some insane 4x4 jeep driving up and over a mountain, through washouts, just
                            to grab an FTF on a crazy challenge cache in Utah. It was awesome! We jogged to
                            nearly every cache, though most were at most .2 miles from the car. The temperature
                            for many of those though was over 115. It was a dry heat though... LOL!

                            We ended up finding 2441 caches and 65 benchmarks. We also found 30 challenge caches,
                            which many of them we can't log yet, due to not meeting the requirements.

                            Again, it was awesome! As usual, I came back burned out on geocaching, but I am already
                            ready to do it again! As we stated many times on our Roadtrip: "We PWN3D!"

                            Thanks again everyone!

                            -paul
                            HiDude_98
                          • Jana Iannello
                            Message 13 of 20 , Aug 27, 2010
                              On 8/27/2010 10:30 AM, palbers@... wrote:

                              Wow!  What an adventure!!  What in the world will you do next year? How can you top that?  I guess you could fly to the space station............ Maybe you can split the airfare.......  LOL!
                              Congratulations!!

[...]

                            • torgny stadler
                              Message 14 of 20 , Aug 27, 2010
                                Hi Paul,
                                that must have been the craziest caching trip ever.
                                9 days is about 1300 minutes
                                2500 caches => 5 minutes per cache, if you didn't sleep !!!
                                Since you did sleep 3 hours per night, it's more like 4.5 minutes per cache.
                                And then you drove 4400 miles (probably way faster than the speed limit....).
                                And spent some time on an airplane...

                                An incredible feat!!!

                                congrats / Torgny (FG3 in FiedoGang) Stadler

                                Message 15 of 20 , Aug 27, 2010
                                  I never admitted to being sane. :)

                                  Luckily all the driving was only for caching, or this would not be possible.
                                  As many know, we basically pull off the road when we find a good 'camp site'
                                  area to sleep for the night in the middle of caching, which saves time, but
                                  again takes a 'special' individual to deal with this. A sick stat that we
                                  had during our adventure, is that we found 101 caches in one hour. Yes,
                                  we opened each cache and stamped the log immediately after the last entry on
                                  the log sheet.

                                  Katie_Dude was bummed that we didn't have someone along filming our insanity,
                                  though I did send her pictures of the rattlesnakes and scorpions we caught
                                  along the way.

                                  Good Times!

                                  -paul
                                  HiDude_98

                                • shawnolsen@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Aug 27, 2010
                                    Paul,

                                    To me that sounds like a complete waste of time..... the three hours of sleep each night that is!

                                    Well done!

                                    Shawn/s6sputnik

                                    In a message dated 8/27/2010 10:30:46 A.M. Central Daylight Time, palbers@... writes:

[...]

                                  • electric_water_boy
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Aug 27, 2010
                                      Do you mind if I forward that post to the Pod Cacher forums? That is one crazy stat! And congrats on 20K!

                                      Message 18 of 20 , Aug 27, 2010
                                        Yeah, that math just boggles me... pity there's no video.

                                        Of course, then my brain just totally fries: 2400 LOGS.... I've pulled off 200 and change in a week, but 2400.... eep!

                                        Wow. Simply. Wow.

                                        BarbJ/Tygress

                                        Do you mind if I forward that post to the Pod Cacher forums?  That is one crazy stat!  And congrats on 20K!

                                        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, <palbers@...> wrote:

                                        > I never admitted to being sane. :)
                                        >
                                        > Luckily all the driving was only for caching, or this would not be possible.
                                        > As many know, we basically pull off the road when we find a good 'camp site'
                                        > area to sleep for the night in the middle of caching, which saves time, but
                                        > again takes a 'special' individual to deal with this. A sick stat that we
                                        > had during our adventure, is that we found 101 caches in one hour. Yes,
                                        > we opened each cache and stamped the log immediately after the last entry on
                                        > the log sheet.
                                        >
                                        > Katie_Dude was bummed that we didn't have someone along filming our insanity,
                                        > though I did send her pictures of the rattlesnakes and scorpions we caught
                                        > along the way.
                                        >
                                        > Good Times!
                                        >
                                        > -paul
                                        > HiDude_98
                                        >
                                        > ---- torgny stadler <etstadler@...> wrote:
                                        > > Hi Paul,
                                        > > that must have been the craziest caching trip ever.
                                        > > 9 days is about 1300 minutes
                                        > > 2500 caches => 5 minutes per cache, if you didn't sleep !!!
                                        > > Since you did sleep 3 hours per night, it's more like 4.5 minutes per cache.
                                        > > And then you drove 4400 miles (probably way faster than the speed limit....).
                                        > > And spent some time on an airplane...
                                        > >
                                        > > An incredible feat!!!
                                        > >
                                        > > congrats / Torgny (FG3 in FiedoGang) Stadler

                                        <*> Your email settings:
                                           Individual Email | Traditional

                                        <*> To change settings online go to:
                                           (Yahoo! ID required)

                                        <*> To change settings via email:

                                        1 Tip for Losing Weight
                                        Cut down 2 lbs per week by using this 1 weird old tip
                                        theDietSolutionProgram.com
                                      • Dave Marquardt
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Aug 28, 2010
                                          Wow!  Way to go Hi_Dude!

                                          -Dave
                                           Balde Runner

                                          On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Russ Jernigan <waterweasel@...> wrote:

                                          Well, I've been waiting for the logging to finish. And it has! It's official: HiDude_98 has broken the big 20K! Heck, the way I hear it, he did over 2400 caches in 9 days!

                                          WAY TO GO, Paul!

                                          Russ the cheering waterweasel

                                        • Jay Bingham
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Aug 31, 2010

                                            HiDude_98, you blow us all away/

                                            \|/ Jay / BingOGT
                                            -+- Georgetown , TX USA
                                            /|\ “What you see depends mainly on what you are looking for.”