Electric_Water_Boy Interview

  • penguin5374
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 7 10:22 PM
      Did anyone else happen to catch the Electric_Water_Boy interview on the Cache-A-Maniacs podcast? It was really neat to hear an interview from a fellow central Texan. Our area has such wealth of interesting cachers. It would be great to hear more interviews with CenTex cachers.

      Mark
      (BewareOfPenguin)
    • electric_water_boy
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 9 3:46 AM
        I thought for sure I'd be one of those hour long episodes, but it went very quickly.

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "penguin5374" <bewareofpenguin@...> wrote:

        > Did anyone else happen to catch the Electric_Water_Boy interview on the Cache-A-Maniacs podcast? It was really neat to hear an interview from a fellow central Texan. Our area has such wealth of interesting cachers. It would be great to hear more interviews with CenTex cachers.
        >
        > Mark
        > (BewareOfPenguin)

      • Mark Benson
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 9 8:19 AM
          "I thought for sure I'd be one of those hour long episodes, but it went very quickly."

          Heehee!  Yeah, it seems like the interviews that go an hour typically involve an interviewee who is extremely chatty.  The format of the show lends itself to quick, short interviews.  This is good, I reckon, but I'll sit there while listening to interviews and try and figure ways that I could make the interview last a little longer.  I like the show and all, but I think that the hosts could be a little more engaging with the guests.  Doing a little research, asking the guests specific questions about their experiences and mixing in some off-the-cuff questions would make the show a little more interesting than simply rattling off a list of questions and having minimal interaction with the guests.  Just a thought.

          All that being said, I enjoyed the interview.  I have to ask: were you nominated by someone or did you email the hosts?

          Mark
          (BewareOfPenguin)
        • electric_water_boy
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 9 10:32 AM
            Someone nominated me. Who? No idea. Who ever it was, Thanks!!!! It was fun. And for being on the show I have one of those rare guest coins. Maybe I should have an event - see my coin, I'll autograph your iPod.... Maybe I should let a little bit of the air out of my head.....

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 9 12:00 PM
              It's that radical pathtag of yours... LOL

              BarbJ -- you should have seen the first version -- Tygress

              Someone nominated me.  Who?  No idea.  Who ever it was, Thanks!!!!  It was fun.  And for being on the show I have one of those rare guest coins.  Maybe I should have an event - see my coin, I'll autograph your iPod....  Maybe I should let a little bit of the air out of my head.....

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Mark Benson <bewareofpenguin@...> wrote:

              > "/I thought for sure I'd be one of those hour long episodes, but it went
              > very quickly./"
              >
              > Heehee!  Yeah, it seems like the interviews that go an hour typically
              > involve an interviewee who is extremely chatty.  The format of the show
              > lends itself to quick, short interviews.  This is good, I reckon, but
              > I'll sit there while listening to interviews and try and figure ways
              > that I could make the interview last a little longer.  I like the show
              > and all, but I think that the hosts could be a little more engaging with
              > the guests.  Doing a little research, asking the guests specific
              > questions about their experiences and mixing in some off-the-cuff
              > questions would make the show a little more interesting than simply
              > rattling off a list of questions and having minimal interaction with the
              > guests.  Just a thought.
              >
              > All that being said, I enjoyed the interview.  I have to ask: were you
              > nominated by someone or did you email the hosts?
              >
              > Mark
              > (BewareOfPenguin)

              <*> Your email settings:
                 Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                 (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:

              Human resource Masters
              Start Earning a Master's Degree or a Master?s Certificate-100% Online!
              VillanovaU.com