Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Driving down the road...

  • Reddog Texas
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 2, 2010
      This is exactly what I will do....make a sticker with the same TB number as on the magnet that is gone.

      Yes...you can dip your vehicle TB in any geocache....I have done it as I have traveled so the TB gets the mileage...it's gone that far, should be able to claim it...lol.

      From: shawnolsen@... <shawnolsen@...>
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, August 1, 2010, 8:55 PM

      with my kid, I see this thing at a distance! It was not large it was quite small actually.  First I thought it might be a FAUX BUG, but as I got closer it was clear it was a real live Traveling Bug and it was Traveling at about 45mph in a 35mph zone where my wife picked up a ticket not long ago. It was with great care and diligence that I moved in at the approaching light which happened to be turning RED. Out I jump phone camera at the ready...I run to the back corner of the Black SUV and snap my picture. The owner at first must surely have thought I was a crazy nut.

      They told me as we drove off, that I was the first to spot it and that it has only been on the car for 3 days!

      Fun times,

      Shawn/S6sputnik

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
        You can dip any TB in any cache -- events or otherwise.
        Many people have personal coins that they dip to mark/count their travels. I started to do that, but it got to be too much work. Well, I log funny. Even for my own stuff.

        And for events, there are a lot of personal coins and TBs that get dropped in -- and grabbed back by their owners. Perfectly legitimate behavior, even amid all the esoterica of the TB process.

        BarbJ - travel bug facilitator - Tygress

        with my kid, I see this thing at a distance! It was not large it was quite small actually.� First I thought it might be a FAUX BUG, but as I got closer it was clear it was a real live Traveling Bug and it was Traveling at about 45mph in a 35mph zone where my wife picked up a ticket not long ago. It was with great care and diligence�that I�moved in at the approaching light which happened to be turning RED. Out I jump phone camera at the ready...I run to the back corner of the Black SUV and snap my picture. The owner at first must surely have thought I was a crazy nut.
        They told�me as we drove off, that I was the first to spot it and that it has only been on the car for 3 days!
        Fun times,
        Shawn/S6sputnik

        Natural Arthritis Cure
        Say goodbye arthritis drugs. Aches disappear with raisin remedy.
        Secretfoodcures.com
      • mws001_99
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
          Howdy all!

          I am the speeding, SUV driver. (For the record I did not know that was a 35 mph zone. Good to find out on here instead of from The Man!)

          I have a couple of friends who have TBs on their car windows but they have never been caught. I ordered this one when Kemis sent me a gift certificate to shopgroundspeak.com. They have several sizes and I ordered the smallest available.

          It was pretty funny when S6sputnik jumped out to photograph the bug. We thought he was trying to get the attention of the driver in the next lane over. When I saw him whip out his phone, I knew the TB had been spotted.

          Kemis gave me the gift certificate to help jump start my interest in geocaching. I had been stuck at 96 finds since Feb. Thanks to Kemis I have finally crossed over the 100 threshold and thanks to S6sputnik I have a great TB story!

          A little more back story, S6sputnik beat my daughter and I to a FTF a while back. He was super cool and let her pick a TB to deposit in the geocache. She is still tracking that bug!

          Mike/AtHomeDaddy

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, shawnolsen@... wrote:

          > with my kid, I see this thing at a distance! It was not large it was quite
          > small actually. First I thought it might be a FAUX BUG, but as I got
          > closer it was clear it was a real live Traveling Bug and it was Traveling at
          > about 45mph in a 35mph zone where my wife picked up a ticket not long ago. It
          > was with great care and diligence that I moved in at the approaching light
          > which happened to be turning RED. Out I jump phone camera at the ready...I
          > run to the back corner of the Black SUV and snap my picture. The owner at
          > first must surely have thought I was a crazy nut.
          >
          > They told me as we drove off, that I was the first to spot it and that it
          > has only been on the car for 3 days!
          >
          > Fun times,
          >
          > Shawn/S6sputnik

        • mws001_99
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
            http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4X8SVq3XLsQ/TFHmnKuUILI/AAAAAAAACMw/1hQa8jgSHPg/s1600/tb.jpg

            A link to a pic of the Speeding TB.

            Mike/AtHomeDaddy

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, shawnolsen@... wrote:

            > with my kid, I see this thing at a distance! It was not large it was quite
            > small actually. First I thought it might be a FAUX BUG, but as I got
            > closer it was clear it was a real live Traveling Bug and it was Traveling at
            > about 45mph in a 35mph zone where my wife picked up a ticket not long ago. It
            > was with great care and diligence that I moved in at the approaching light
            > which happened to be turning RED. Out I jump phone camera at the ready...I
            > run to the back corner of the Black SUV and snap my picture. The owner at
            > first must surely have thought I was a crazy nut.
            >
            > They told me as we drove off, that I was the first to spot it and that it
            > has only been on the car for 3 days!
            >
            > Fun times,
            >
            > Shawn/S6sputnik

          • Reddog Texas
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
              When I was home, visiting Buffalo, NY, a couple of years ago.....I was chased down in Fredonia, NY. I had stopped to get gas and a cacher saw the TB on the truck. They told me they didn't know if they were suppose to take it or just take down the number and "discover" it. LOL! Thankfully, they decided to take down the number and not take the magnet off the truck.