Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Geocaching Murder Mystery Novel - Fi rst to Find

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2 5:21 AM
      So, looking at pricepoint,  this is print on order, yes -- or Print on Demand (POD) as the insiders are wont to call it?
      Did you pay Lulu or do they pay you? Yours was the 2nd book to appear in my inbox starting out as an ebook through Amazon.
      As a writer -- not that I've novels ready to shop around or anything at present -- I'm admit intrigue by the publishing process behind your adventure. A 5/5 by most standards.
      But that's probably not a GEOCACHING subject.

      BarbJ/Tygress

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2 5:14 PM
        You are correct, it is print on demand. Lulu (and Amazon) pays royalties. I published both on Amazon and on Lulu with zero cash outlay. Which is good because as I've been outta work since April 2009, I've got zero cash to outlay... ;-)

        Seems like the most interesting things I do happen while I'm unemployed. There's a lesson there somewhere.

        Thanks,
        -Mark
        P.S. it's not exactly correct to say that I've been outta work all that time. Best to say working "without salary" because I've been working very long hours as CEO of a corporation I started last October (Exile Machine LLC).

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3 6:17 AM
          Coolness -- thanks for the info.
          Good thinks -- it's a rough economy.

          And, yeah, some of the hardest 'work' I do doesn't involve monetary renumeration....

          BarbJ/Tygress