Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] WARNING POTENTIAL SPOILER -- Those DAM RO CKS --

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2010
      Possibly the cache was replaced (since I don't know that one of those tubes could hold up 5 years). =shrug=
      OLLLLLD memories, too.

      BarbJ/Tygress
      ((Hope to see you tomorrow))

      From: "cradixus" <matt@clearchoiceit. com>
      To: CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocac hers] Re: Those DAM ROCKS
      Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 01:05:59 -0000

      I have already asked the last finder (DrPflug) if he would help and I hope he doesn't mind me quoting him: "...about Dam Rocks,  no way that I'm looking for that damn thing again.  I'd probably never find it in a million years again anyway."

      There you have it.  ;-)  I agree that we all need to join forces, but I'm not sure if 8am will work for me due to my kiddos.  I feel bad, though, since I'm the one who stirred all this up again.

      I will definitely be there if I can, though!!!

      As for the cacher who replaced the cache without permission, it's also my view that this is wrong.  If I were the CO, I wouldn't mind if the cache were a "no brainer 1/1" and it was obvious that my simple hide was missing, but for a difficult find, I would definitely not want someone to replace it just because they couldn't find it.  Difficult finds are difficult for several reasons, not the least of which is because they were placed in a very strategic manner by the CO.  I would want to replace a missing/damaged/ misplaced difficult find myself.  I'm sure the CO would do that now if he could, but he can't... until September.  That's too long in my book, but instead of disabling it, he just waiting for "more DNFs", but has yet to say exactly "how many" more.  That's wrong in my book, but I'm past the irking feeling I had a week or two ago.  Since I doubt it's been muggled, I really just think it's been misplaced, thus turning a "3" into a "6".  ;-)

      Can't wait to sign my "DAM" NAME on this "DAM" CACHE!!!  hehe  Thanks again to all who answered my call on this one.  If I don't show up, please call me if it's found so I can share in the excitement over the phone!

      Matt / Kemis
      Cell:  775-6288

      Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
      AwesomePennyStocks. com

      Free Credit Score
      A bad credit score is below 598. Click here to see yours for $0. Checking won't affect your score. By Experian®
      FreeCreditScore.com