Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] A Bit Above The Horizon #4

  • Danielle Skelton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23 10:06 AM
      Hey, Uncle Fluffy/Cyberclops - do you mind checking on this one for me?  It's right by my kid's house and he rides his bike over there all the time to keep searching but still no luck:

      A Bit Above The Horizon #4

      GCZQM4

      Danielle/chig-gar-roo-gar-rem

      On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Terry Carter <terry.carter@...> wrote:

      OK, I’ve been lurking long enough. I THOUGHT that this was the cache I was thinking about but it’s been a while. It’s got a great story and one of my favorite caches. This is what happens when people put out their own containers.

      Cyberclops logs from June 1, 2006

      Uncle Fluffy and I looked for about 25 minutes and were about to give up when within a half second of eachother we both exclaimed ... "I found it". Problem was we were in two separate places (about 12 feet apart staring in different directions. Turns out we found both the original and the replacement caches this log entry is for the clear tubular container with the yellow lid (which I believe is the original).

      <<<and>>>

      See my entry below ... this log entry is for the shorter wides orange container with the white lid.

      My Logs from the same date

      Found it with Cyberclops. Ya know, some things you just couldn't ever do again if you tried could you? Remember the line about "it was in the last place I looked?" Well DUH! who'd keep looking after you found it? This one would have paid off if you would have kept looking. This log is for the orange container.

      <<<and>>>

      This one is for the Yellow container. Never thought I'd have a ligitimate reason to log one cache find twice but this one really fits the bill. TFTCs!!!!!

      There are pictures of the caches and their location(s) as spoilers if you need them. You might be able to triangulate using the background if you needed.

      Happy hunting

      Terry (Uncle_Fluffy)

      From: "cradixus" <matt@...>
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Those DAM ROCKS
      Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 01:05:59 -0000

      I have already asked the last finder (DrPflug) if he would help and I hope he doesn't mind me quoting him: "...about Dam Rocks,  no way that I'm looking for that damn thing again.  I'd probably never find it in a million years again anyway."

      There you have it.  ;-)  I agree that we all need to join forces, but I'm not sure if 8am will work for me due to my kiddos.  I feel bad, though, since I'm the one who stirred all this up again.

      I will definitely be there if I can, though!!!

      As for the cacher who replaced the cache without permission, it's also my view that this is wrong.  If I were the CO, I wouldn't mind if the cache were a "no brainer 1/1" and it was obvious that my simple hide was missing, but for a difficult find, I would definitely not want someone to replace it just because they couldn't find it.  Difficult finds are difficult for several reasons, not the least of which is because they were placed in a very strategic manner by the CO.  I would want to replace a missing/damaged/misplaced difficult find myself.  I'm sure the CO would do that now if he could, but he can't... until September.  That's too long in my book, but instead of disabling it, he just waiting for "more DNFs", but has yet to say exactly "how many" more.  That's wrong in my book, but I'm past the irking feeling I had a week or two ago.  Since I doubt it's been muggled, I really just think it's been misplaced, thus turning a "3" into a "6".  ;-)

      Can't wait to sign my "DAM" NAME on this "DAM" CACHE!!!  hehe  Thanks again to all who answered my call on this one.  If I don't show up, please call me if it's found so I can share in the excitement over the phone!

      Matt / Kemis
      Cell:  775-6288

      Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
      AwesomePennyStocks.com

      The information contained in this transmission may be confidential. Any disclosure, copying, or further distribution of confidential information is not permitted unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by Quantum. Quantum reserves the right to have electronic communications, including email and attachments, sent across its networks filtered through anti virus and spam software programs and retain such messages in order to comply with applicable data security and retention requirements. Quantum is not responsible for the proper and complete transmission of the substance of this communication or for any delay in its receipt.