Sometimes you just want to choke someone...

  • albopp
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 14, 2010
      My brother Tor lives in Paducah, Ky. My wife La and I turned him on to geocaching in 2008 and he has been having a ball with it. He has visited Central Texas a couple times since then and found a number of caches belonging to many of us.

      So I get this email from him yesterday...

      Subj: Check out what's happening in Paducah
      Body: Location: Kentucky, United States
      TheDestroyer_22 reported PATS (Traditional Cache) needs maintenance at 7/6/2010
      Log Date: 7/6/2010
      DESTROYED. :)

      This guy "Destroyer22" is stealing all the caches then submitting Needs maintenance log. I changed all mine to premium members only then moved them 25 to 50 feet. I still have 6 to re-hide. He had managed to get nine of mine while I was in Vermont. What a jerk.

      I checked out some of the caches in Paducah, some of Tor's and some of the ones we found when La and I were last there. Many of them have been "Destroyed". How infuriating.

      What is the recourse other than turning a pleasurable free passtime into a pay to play endeavour? Many of us got our start with the free account and might not have considered geocaching if a premium account was a requirement. This guy really needs to be taken to the proverbial woodshed.

      Al
    • Nathaniel D