Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Journalist looking for details on Geocaching

  • Larissa Worthen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 7, 2010
      I've taken my 3 girls on caching hikes quite a few times now... I'd be happy to share with them how we do it if they want.  (we're by no means experts, but am happy to share some ideas)

      Larissa  :)
      worthen97
      (and my caching kids, elisabethw99, sarahbear01 & manicmonkey)

      On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 12:46 PM, ClintH <clinternet@...> wrote:

      Hello all,
      A writer from Health.com is looking to speak with a non-commercial expert on geocaching for an article about healthy summer pursuits for kids.

      Specifically:
      How does a family get started with geocaching, and are there any tips for making it a healthy hike for the kids?

      They haven't reached out to me yet, but if/when they do, I'd like to refer them to others.

      If anyone is interested in weighing in on this, let me know.

      Best,
      Clint Howell
      (Clinternet)

    • moosiegirltx
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 9, 2010
        Clint, I'm sure there are several sources in our group for this writer. Tell them to feel free to sign up for the group and make contacts through us. Right off, I think dirich92, backroadsgal and SuperDave66 and their kids would be a good start. And we "moldy oldies" would be happy to help if we can.

        Candy
        moosiegirl

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "ClintH" <clinternet@...> wrote:

        > Hello all,
        > A writer from Health.com is looking to speak with a non-commercial expert on geocaching for an article about healthy summer pursuits for kids.
        >
        > Specifically:
        > How does a family get started with geocaching, and are there any tips for making it a healthy hike for the kids?
        >
        > They haven't reached out to me yet, but if/when they do, I'd like to refer them to others.
        >
        > If anyone is interested in weighing in on this, let me know.
        >
        > Best,
        > Clint Howell
        > (Clinternet)

      • Rich and Di Michelson
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 10, 2010
          Sure, we've been caching since Connor would stay asleep in the truck and we'd have to trade off who got to go find it and who got to stay with the baby.  Now my baby is 8.

          The coolest part is all the places we go that we wouldn't have gone without caching.  Not just local parks, although that's cool too, but we're getting really close to completing our 50 state self-imposed challenge.  For example, I've got a conference in Vancouver, BC in early August.  We'll be heading up early to do the trifecta, then driving to the one cache reachable by land, south of 60 degrees, in Alaska.
          http://coord.info/GC1Y5R9.  Oh, and it's just when the salmon are running and the bears are feeding.  How cool is that?  And oh by the way, there are tons of waterfalls and glaciers on the drive there.

          --Di