Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Garmin 60CXs question

  • bananapoo@stxga.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 6 3:06 PM
      Don't worry, this heat... You aren't missing much. Bugs are out like crazy, and all the grass is super tall.

      Bananapoo

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: "Mrs. Captain Picard" <mrscaptainpicard@...>
      Sender: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 17:05:40 -0500
      To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Garmin 60CXs question

      Nope!  All my missing "Founds" are generally explained by "Operator Error."

      The good news from San Antonio is that we're almost completely moved into our new house and the thoughts are FINALLY beginning to drift toward geocaching again!  Ah, NORMALCY!

      Miss you all!

      On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Russ Jernigan <waterweasel@ sprynet.com> wrote:

      OK, my beloved 60CXs all of a sudden seems to be loosing some of its 'Found' files. From the caching that Barb and I did in California, some days were OK, some days missing from one to 2/3rds of the finds, and one day was gone entirely. Now, I might forget to mark one or two caches but not a whole day!

      Anyone else ever had this problem?

      Thanks!

      Russ the waterweasel

      _

    • moosiegirltx
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 9 2:43 PM
        Did you pull all your data down to your computer? Did you actually lose waypoints?

        I'm not certain how the found caches are stored, but I would remove and re-seat my memory card, "just in case" it has something to do with that. Check your track logs and found caches along your tracks. See if you can "get them back" through that process. Maybe it's just the calendar operation that's messed up.

        Then, I would call Garmin Tech Support (or send a detailed email) and see if they have any other suggestions on how to retrieve the info based on what you've done so far.

        Candy
        moosiegirl