Garmin 60CXs question

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 6, 2010
      OK, my beloved 60CXs all of a sudden seems to be loosing some of its 'Found' files. From the caching that Barb and I did in California, some days were OK, some days missing from one to 2/3rds of the finds, and one day was gone entirely. Now, I might forget to mark one or two caches but not a whole day!

      Anyone else ever had this problem?

      Thanks!

      Russ the waterweasel
    • Mrs. Captain Picard
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 6, 2010
        Nope!  All my missing "Founds" are generally explained by "Operator Error."

        The good news from San Antonio is that we're almost completely moved into our new house and the thoughts are FINALLY beginning to drift toward geocaching again!  Ah, NORMALCY!

        Miss you all!

        _

      • bananapoo@stxga.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 6, 2010
          Don't worry, this heat... You aren't missing much. Bugs are out like crazy, and all the grass is super tall.

          Bananapoo

          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          From: "Mrs. Captain Picard" <mrscaptainpicard@...>
          Sender: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 17:05:40 -0500
          To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Garmin 60CXs question

          On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Russ Jernigan <waterweasel@ sprynet.com> wrote:

          OK, my beloved 60CXs all of a sudden seems to be loosing some of its 'Found' files. From the caching that Barb and I did in California, some days were OK, some days missing from one to 2/3rds of the finds, and one day was gone entirely. Now, I might forget to mark one or two caches but not a whole day!

          Anyone else ever had this problem?

          Thanks!

          Russ the waterweasel

          _

        • moosiegirltx
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 9, 2010
            Did you pull all your data down to your computer? Did you actually lose waypoints?

            I'm not certain how the found caches are stored, but I would remove and re-seat my memory card, "just in case" it has something to do with that. Check your track logs and found caches along your tracks. See if you can "get them back" through that process. Maybe it's just the calendar operation that's messed up.

            Then, I would call Garmin Tech Support (or send a detailed email) and see if they have any other suggestions on how to retrieve the info based on what you've done so far.

            Candy
            moosiegirl