Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Must-do San Diego caches?

  • Carlin
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 5, 2010
      So how much different than here?

      California, Poison Oak.  Texas, Poison Ivy.
      California, rattlers.  Texas, rattlers.
      Ticks, well, with my experience, California 1, Texas 0.

      Caching fun?  I recently asked that question myself, while extracting cactus thorns and trying to detach Devils head thorns in 102 degree heat.  But still I cache.  Crazy sport.

      Carlin/1Carlin

      Sent: Monday, July 05, 2010 7:56 PM
      Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Must-do San Diego caches?

      Last log for "It Sneaks up on San Diego" (GCZ1VE):

      "We took the adventurous way to the cache by crossing the creek unnecessarily and dodging LOTS of poison oak. Very cool location and set up for the cache. The container lid has some cracks, but the contents are dry. After putting things back, we went the easy way out which consisted of bulldozing our way through walls of plants a foot taller than we were. This is where I came just inches from stepping on an angry rattler. I never saw it because I jumped 10 feet in the air, but Triple Crown's eyes got as big as his head as he looked down at my feet. I also removed a tick from inside my pocket as TC was "wrapping things up." Isn't caching fun???!!!"
      I don't think so...

      Mary Beth
      emmy-n-sapphie

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 5, 2010
        We got chiggers. I've suffered more chigger bites than ticks.
        Now, Northern California's foxtails came in wonderous and painful variety. And I'd rather fight with greenbriar than blackberry cane. But that's NORTH....

        BarbJ =Just back from good ol' CA= Tygress

        I'm biased of course but I have a "45-GALLON CACHE" up on a cliff overlooking the ocean, Torrey Pines area. Local cachers cannot figure out how I got that Hugh Jass cache up there, and I'm not telling. Bunch of other ammo can caches I put up on that cliff too. Also check out "It Sneaks up on San Diego."

        -Mark
        aka lowracer

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "emmy_n_sapphie" <emmy_n_sapphie@...> wrote:

        > We're going to San Diego for business and pleasure (actually staying in LaJolla but going to a convention at the San Diego Convention Center). Do any of you have recommendations for "can't miss" caches in the area? Y'all did right by us with your recommendations last year when we went to San Francisco. Thanks.
        > Mary Beth & Pat
        > (emmy-n-sapphie)

        Top-Rated MBA Online
        Earn Your MBA In 2 Years. No GMAT Required. 100% Online Program!
        FloridaTechOnlineMBA.com?