new member

  • djdirkdiggla
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2, 2010
      Hi, my name is Dirk. I am relatively new to geocaching. I was told of this group by another cacher. I go by the handle "djdiggla". I was directed to the group because of a question I had regarding placement of a cache, but have since had that question answered--I still wanted to sign up anyways. I grew up in Austin, moved over seas shortly after highschool and now live again in Austin with my wife and kids. Hope to make it to an event sometime--I have not been to one yet. More about me... I also have found that I enjoy placing caches more than finding them, but I like finding them too :) I wish I could cache more, but pretty busy, so I do it when I get the chance.
    • shawnolsen@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2, 2010
        Howdy!
        I think that if you put your cache outside the gate it will be fine.
        FWIW I loved reading about how that preserve once was!
        cHEERS,
        Shawn/S6sputnik

        In a message dated 7/2/2010 8:45:42 P.M. Central Daylight Time, dirkvanderploeg@... writes:

        Hi, my name is Dirk. I am relatively new to geocaching. I was told of this group by another cacher. I go by the handle "djdiggla". I was directed to the group because of a question I had regarding placement of a cache, but have since had that question answered--I still wanted to sign up anyways. I grew up in Austin, moved over seas shortly after highschool and now live again in Austin with my wife and kids. Hope to make it to an event sometime--I have not been to one yet. More about me... I also have found that I enjoy placing caches more than finding them, but I like finding them too :) I wish I could cache more, but pretty busy, so I do it when I get the chance.

      • Carlin
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2010
          I second S6sputnik.  I also liked the story of your old haunt.  Made me think of my caches that I have placed outside the Balcones Preserve that we are barred out of.
          A parking lot re-location should be fine.  There are some awesome caches placed by people who would rather hide than find.  No problem with that!  Hide away!

          Carlin/1Carlin

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 4, 2010
            Hi!  Welcome to geocaching!  Best advice I can give you is to come to a local event.  Kind of a geocaching party, for old timers and brand new cachers and us in-betweens . . . <G>

            Russ the waterweasel