RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Kid Caches??

  • Wayne Lind
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2003
      Can't argue with you, that is a nice cache as well. Candy also had some very good suggestions. I did not know that spring break is next week, so I would agree that Bohican falls is probably not a good choice.
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2, 2003
        --- Wayne Lind <wlind@...> wrote:
        > Another
        > possiblity would be Bohican falls
        > (GC71B7) which involves crossing Bull Creek. If the
        > weather is warm enough
        > they may enjoy the water.

        I wouldn't do it with kids at this time of year. I did
        cache maintence a few weeks ago and that water is bone
        chilling right now. In the middle of summer though it
        feels great. One you could try is another of ours just
        arund the bend from there, All Tangled Up(GC57D6).
        It's a really nice park with a good sized playground
        for the kiddos to play on after you find the cache.
        Fairly level hike in to it also with a small spring to
        play in.

        Tony
        El Capitan, Team Bohica

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/
      • Wayne Lind
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 3, 2003
          True. I did not know that spring break was like this week. I was expecting it to be in the spring. Silly me.
          > (GC71B7) which involves crossing Bull Creek. If the
          > weather is warm enough
          > they may enjoy the water.

          I wouldn't do it with kids at this time of year. I did
          cache maintence a few weeks ago and that water is bone
          chilling right now. In the middle of summer though it
          feels great. One you could try is another of ours just
          arund the bend from there, All Tangled Up(GC57D6).
          It's a really nice park with a good sized playground
          for the kiddos to play on after you find the cache.
          Fairly level hike in to it also with a small spring to
          play in.

          Tony
          El Capitan, Team Bohica

        • BeOnTheLookOut
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 5, 2003
            Thanks to you all for the suggestions. They are just what I am
            looking for. I may go scout Bohican Falls before the girls arrive.
            Just to be sure. :-) I sure they will love them all though. Thanks
            again, Brandy