RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Kid Caches??

  • Ed Franks
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2003

      Also add K’s Birthday wish, a very easy terrain and a good find for kids

      Have fun…

      Aahz

      > I need help!!  I have two nieces, 5 & 6 years old, coming to visit

      > for spring break ... I want to find kid friendly caches for them
      > to hunt.

    • Wayne Lind
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2, 2003
        Can't argue with you, that is a nice cache as well. Candy also had some very good suggestions. I did not know that spring break is next week, so I would agree that Bohican falls is probably not a good choice.
        Also add K’s Birthday wish, a very easy terrain and a good find for kids

        Have fun…

        Aahz

        > I need help!!  I have two nieces, 5 & 6 years old, coming to visit

        for spring break ... I want to find kid friendly caches for them

        > to hunt.

      • Tony Fannin
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 2, 2003
          --- Wayne Lind <wlind@...> wrote:
          > Another
          > possiblity would be Bohican falls
          > (GC71B7) which involves crossing Bull Creek. If the
          > weather is warm enough
          > they may enjoy the water.

          I wouldn't do it with kids at this time of year. I did
          cache maintence a few weeks ago and that water is bone
          chilling right now. In the middle of summer though it
          feels great. One you could try is another of ours just
          arund the bend from there, All Tangled Up(GC57D6).
          It's a really nice park with a good sized playground
          for the kiddos to play on after you find the cache.
          Fairly level hike in to it also with a small spring to
          play in.

          Tony
          El Capitan, Team Bohica

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/
        • Wayne Lind
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 3, 2003
            True. I did not know that spring break was like this week. I was expecting it to be in the spring. Silly me.
            > (GC71B7) which involves crossing Bull Creek. If the
            > weather is warm enough
            > they may enjoy the water.

            I wouldn't do it with kids at this time of year. I did
            cache maintence a few weeks ago and that water is bone
            chilling right now. In the middle of summer though it
            feels great. One you could try is another of ours just
            arund the bend from there, All Tangled Up(GC57D6).
            It's a really nice park with a good sized playground
            for the kiddos to play on after you find the cache.
            Fairly level hike in to it also with a small spring to
            play in.

            Tony
            El Capitan, Team Bohica

          • BeOnTheLookOut
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 5, 2003
              Thanks to you all for the suggestions. They are just what I am
              looking for. I may go scout Bohican Falls before the girls arrive.
              Just to be sure. :-) I sure they will love them all though. Thanks
              again, Brandy