Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] We're new and have a question...

  • Carlin
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 10, 2010
      Hey Julie,

      I would like to speak with the Travis County liaison, any idea of names/contact numbers?

      Thanks,

      1Carlin/Carlin

      Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2010 9:46 AM
      Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] We're new and have a question...

      Welcome!

      Travis County also has a liaison who will check out a cache you placed and tell you if there's a problem.  You don't have to contact them in advance!

      Just an addition to what Russ said about City of Austin,  They give us an open park policy, but they ask that we stay out of anything designated as a preserve.

      If you hide them, we will come!

      Cheers,

      On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 12:24 AM, dn_shults <donald.shults@ gmail.com> wrote:

      Sorry to bother ya'll but my wife and I are new geocachers and we're really enjoying it.
      I have a quick question:
      Any advice on who to talk to about hides in local parks? I figured you guys would know some names or know of any pre-established rules...
      We're trying to do lots of research and get our ducks in a row so that when it comes time for a hide we'll be ready.

      Thanks in advance and sorry if the info is out there and I missed it...

    • Mrs. Captain Picard

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 10, 2010
          Thanks Julie,

          I'll start there.  I need to clarify something that a cacher said in his log on one of my hides.

          1Carlin/Carlin

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 11, 2010
            Wow! Austin never stops blowing my mind. I love this city so much!

            Anyway, thanks for the replies. You folks are awesome. We'll definitely try to attend an event at some point even though we are pretty shy. It would be cool to put some faces to the names on all these cool caches we've been finding.

            Thanks again,
            Donald (and Niki)
            D+N.Shults