Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] New Cacher, ATX Caches

  • Mike Detlefsen
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 3, 2010
      gumbietygress@... wrote:

      > [And, my, my, does it get a string of dnfs when you change that up --
      > or, in the case of one of the Sunburned Zebras, a muggle rearranged
      > gz. It even says on the web page we knew about the damage and the
      > cache is relocated to stable 'ground' -- but, no good. Paperless caching.

      On the other hand, maybe the guy searching for it had updated the area
      info in his iPod Touch that morning, read the entry when he got there,
      looked in the place indicated, and still couldn't find it. :-)

      Mike
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 3, 2010
        =smile=
        But a lot of folks don't even ATTEMPT that one. They see the damage, dnf without looking, and drive on.
        Others -- 'sweat gets in your eyes' is a lovely excuse!

        We, of course, tend to place ornery hides -- we are MEAN cachers, Waterweasel and I. [But they don't get muggled often!]

        BarbJ -- wasn't talking SPECIFICALLY about you, Mike ;-) -- Tygress

        > [And, my, my, does it get a string of dnfs when you change that up --
        > or, in the case of one of the Sunburned Zebras, a muggle rearranged
        > gz. It even says on the web page we knew about the damage and the
        > cache is relocated to stable 'ground' -- but, no good. Paperless caching.

        On the other hand, maybe the guy searching for it had updated the area
        info in his iPod Touch that morning, read the entry when he got there,
        looked in the place indicated, and still couldn't find it. :-)

        Mike

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:

        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 3, 2010
          And sometimes that sucker is gone . . . However, I do know it was there last week, because I replaced the log. Since then . . . ?

          Russ the waterweasel
          >> [And, my, my, does it get a string of dnfs when you change that up --
          >> or, in the case of one of the Sunburned Zebras, a muggle rearranged
          >> gz. It even says on the web page we knew about the damage and the
          >> cache is relocated to stable 'ground' -- but, no good. Paperless caching.
          >>
          >On the other hand, maybe the guy searching for it had updated the area
          >info in his iPod Touch that morning, read the entry when he got there,
          >looked in the place indicated, and still couldn't find it. :-)
          >

          >Mike

        • Mike Detlefsen
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 3, 2010
            gumbietygress@... wrote:

            > BarbJ -- wasn't talking SPECIFICALLY about you, Mike ;-) -- Tygress
            Oh, sure. Next thing is that you'll be telling me that my paranoia is
            groundless. Tell that to the black helicopters that follow me around.

            Just kidding.

            They aren't black.

            :-)

            Mike
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 3, 2010

              From: Mike Detlefsen <detmik64@...>
              To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 10:41:07 -0500

              gumbietygress@... wrote:

              > BarbJ -- wasn't talking SPECIFICALLY about you, Mike ;-) -- Tygress
              Oh, sure. Next thing is that you'll be telling me that my paranoia is
              groundless. Tell that to the black helicopters that follow me around.

              Those a dragonflies, Mike. We grow 'em BIG in Texas.

              Just kidding.

              Sure!

              They aren't black.

              The green striping is a particular asset.

              :-)

              Just because you're paranoid does not mean things are not out to get you....

              I *know* greenbriar has it in for me. And there is a special enmity that fire ants hold me in.

              BarbJ/Tygress

              Project Management
              100% Online. Project Management certificate from Villanova. Free info.
              VillanovaProjectManagement.com
            • Mike Detlefsen
              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 3, 2010
                gumbietygress@... wrote:

                > Those a dragonflies, Mike. We grow 'em BIG in Texas.
                But the fillings in my teeth pick up their radio messages to each other!

                Nope. Helicopters.

                Mike
                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 3, 2010
                  hmmm... might be time to switch to ceramic (or decaf!) =g=
                  -B/T

                  > Those a dragonflies, Mike. We grow 'em BIG in Texas.
                  But the fillings in my teeth pick up their radio messages to each other!

                  Nope. Helicopters.

                  Mike

                  <*> Your email settings:
                     Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                     (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:

                  TODAY: iPads for $23.74?
                  Special Report: Apple iPads are being auctioned for an incredible 80% off!
                  QuiBids.com
                • Dave Marquardt
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jun 11, 2010
                    Are there details?  I've seen references to this hot line, but no details.  Thanks.

                    -Dave
                     Balde Runner

                    On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 11:28 AM, <jestrrrulz@...> wrote:

                    Don't forget Austin's Geocaching Hotline!!

                    Jeri / JestrRulz

                    In a message dated 6/2/2010 11:01:54 A.M. Central Daylight Time, grn.beret.2b@... writes:
                    Typically if you email the owner, they're happy to give you a hint or two to help you out the next time you make it near the cache.

                  • jestrrrulz@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jun 11, 2010
                      Hey Dave:

                      Attend an event and collect some phone numbers! : )  Calling local cache owners is a great help!

                      Jeri / JestrRulz