Where to take newbies?

  • Opalblade
    Message 1 of 4 , May 25, 2010
      I have a meetup that wants me to show them what geocaching is all about :)  Mostly 20 somethings.  Any recs for where to go for a few hours outing that would really impress them (views, interesting caches)?

      Laura/Opalblade
      Message 2 of 4 , May 25, 2010
        How about a bike ride on either the Brushy Creek Trail (say from the Cedar Park YMCA down to Hairy Man Road) or along the bike trails of the North San Gabriel in Georgetown.  Relatively easy caching, good density, nice scenery.  If you did the Brushy Creek, you could even suggest some kayak caching as a bonus . . .

        Russ the waterweasel

        I have a meetup that wants me to show them what geocaching is all about :)  Mostly 20 somethings.  Any recs for where to go for a few hours outing that would really impress them (views, interesting caches)?

        Laura/Opalblade

      • Mrs. Captain Picard
        Message 3 of 4 , May 25, 2010

          Panther Canyon Trail in the River Place subdivision is a BEAUTIFUL trail with a multi, a puzzle and some traditionals.  Love it!

          On May 25, 2010 10:49 AM, "Opalblade" <opalblade@...> wrote:

          I have a meetup that wants me to show them what geocaching is all about :)  Mostly 20 somethings.  Any recs for where to go for a few hours outing that would really impress them (views, interesting caches)?

          Laura/Opalblade
        • Shawn Olsen
          Message 4 of 4 , May 25, 2010
            Second that!